• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Is Your Favorite Comic-Related Possession?

64 posts in this topic

That's funny... I was sure it would be Lou Ferrigno's purple pants from the Incredible Hulk TV Show. Unwashed, of course. tongue.gif

As soon as I get my book Banner, i'll put the Gator back up for ya!

Chris

I checked and found out that I have the Captain America 193 one. Also, I looked inside and found my 1966 Donruss Marvel card set. Forgot about that item.

Also, I have a fold out one with miniture versions of the 6 covers. They are:

1) Captain America 193

2) Amazing Spider-man 135

3) Incredible Hulk 189

4) Avengers 141

5) Fantastic Four 159

6) Thor 229

smile.gif

Wow, there seems to be many Barks collectors here besides me: Donut, hkp an drbanner.

Sadly I don't have any Barks originals yet, only some lithos. I don't fancy them, because they are "artificial collectibles", made in low runs and then sold in high prices.

I have the same Marvel organizer as well. Got it cheap on eBay (in fact, I've only seen one other offered on the site). It is the pride of my collection and still has the original pad of paper in it! grin.gif

I have all the Mead binders EXCEPT the one with FF #159. Was outbidded at the last minute by a certain board member with a fondness for aviation pastries. mad.gif

Jim

Let me think about it...

Do you also track these on eBay regularly? It seems that prices are going up. Used to be that you could get them for $20 or under (except when you outbidded me of course tongue.gif ). I've seen recent ones go as high as $50.

Jim

My favorite items are a Daredevil Bust (modelled after DD vol.2 #28 but altered a bit) and a Spiderman (modelled after the cover of: Legend of the Spider Clan #1) which I both made of clay and which are in the process of drying right now.

I've got a Buffy the Vampire from Dark Horse poster signed by most of the cast (except SMG who is grouchy).

For actual comics it would be my Superboy #1, which was a comic I had wanted for many years before I got it in 1978.

I also have an awesome She-Hulk drawing done by Adam Hughes. Shulkie kicks butt.

The answer to this thread is so easy for me.....and best of all......it never cost me a cent. My favorite comic-related item is from my childhood.....and is now little more than a memory. It consisted.......quite simply.....of a plain bath towel.....or one of those towel like things that people used to use on the armrests of their sofa or couch.

This.....combined with a simple safety pin to secure it safely around my neck.....gave me unbelievable power. I could fly.......I had super strength......I could do anything I wanted with this prized posession fastened to me.........after all......what was a superhero without his cape?

But as the years ticked by.......my super strength faded.......financial needs took the place of flying speed........and work drowned out the call to do feats of super strenth for people in need.

So.....someday in the future......when you see an old man running down the street with a towel around his neck flapping in the wind.......don't call the cops........it'll just be me......trying to recapture a little bit of my youth........one last time. smile.gif