• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Is Your Favorite Comic-Related Possession?

64 posts in this topic

I think we've had a "what is your most valuable comic book" thread, but what is your favorite comic-related possession (regardless of value) and why? Is it a nice CGC'd book or the first comic you ever bought? Maybe one of those groovy life-sized Spidey models that you got from Blockbuster video? Or maybe a piece of original artwork...or that "special video" you made with Halle Berry and Rebecca Romijn after the X-Men movie's wrap party??? shocked.gif

For me, it's a gorgeous Vampirella pen & ink drawing that I recently purchased. I had it matted and framed and it looks unbelievable on my wall. And it's by the master Neal Adams, no less! When I talk about "visceral impact", that's what I'm talking about!

Comics-wise, I love my ASM 121 & 122 (both CGC 9.6)...not the priciest comics I own, but some gorgeous copies of my favorite issues of all-time.

Gene

That vampi pen & ink drawing sounds really cool( I love Neal Adams)

I would have to say my favorite possesion is my Spider-man lunch box that my brother bought for me when I was 9 and my brother was 7. My dad paid him $ to mow the lawn, he saved up and bought it for me on my brthday. I still have it up in a box in my closet.

Favorite comic - probably my x-men 124 with Colossus on the cover as Proletarian...Byrne just hada way of drawing him, and he is my favorite X-Man.

Have to go with a piece of original art myself too, there's nothing like owning a one of a kind item. I have an Ron Frenz page from ASM #251 which features spidey & the hobgoblin battling. Would love to get hold of the cover.

A close second comes my high grade copy of ASM #6. This issue was the first spidey comic I ever read (at an uncle's house as a kid) and my original copy from those days is a mess. So to get a high grade copy was a big highlight of my recent collecting.

I have a complete, unslabbed run of ASM from #10 up to #300. I keep it unslabbed because out of my whole collection these are the books I don't want to sell. All this issues under 20 are VF/NM or higher, and the rest are NM- to NM+.

Actually my copies of 28 and 31 are VF. For some reason I can't find a nice unslabbed #31.

I also have a 9.2-ish copy of Thor #339 that is important to me...I started collecting Thor with #340 and made my Dad drive me to every 7-11 convenience store in the Denver area looking for those hot-hot-hot Simonson Thor issues that I missed. All I found was this copy of #339 as collectors had bought up every copy of #337-339 in sight by that point.

I believe that was the only time my Dad has ever been supportive of my comic hobby/habit, which he feels is a complete waste of time and money. He, like much of the population I'm sure, still believes that comics are for kids. Wrong!!

Gene

I also have no comic related merchandise so,

Favorite Silver Age Comic - Fantastic Four 48

Favourite Silver Age Run? X-men 10 - 66.

Favorite Bronze Age Comic - Incredible Hulk 181.

Favorite Bronze Age Run - Silver Surfer 1 - 18 (I think these are Bronze????)

Favorite Modern Comic - Peter Parker 37or (135) - Funniest Comic I've read in a long time.

Favorite Modern Run - Justice League of America

H

hmmm i would have to say my Argo (or Yamato) ship from Starblazers. Not a model but a cool toy (die cast metal and plastic). And my bowen busts (love the Man Thing and Captain America).

My Michael Jordan rookie card (fleer #57) sgc 96

Fav comics: My Spidey #17 cgc 9.2 and ASM #129 cgc 9.6 grin.gif

I've sold a lot of my comics and art, but I still have all the comics that survived my childhood (none will be sold because they're MINE. Of course, they're thrashed, but heck, they only cost 12c each). And I still have some nice art by John Byrne, Curt Swan, and George Perez. I'm really hoping to hang onto them. (well, the Byrne pieces won't be sold because they were gifts from John and one of the Swan pieces won't be sold for the same reason. I try to only sell the art I bought, not those that were given to me).

-- Joanna

Probably my stash of independent comics grin.gif My complete sets of TMNT and Cerebus being the probable contenders for the overall crown. smile.gif

Oh, and silver age Marvels are nice too tongue.gif

My favorite comic related item would have to be the original cover art for Neutro #1. I will never part with it and it's pretty neat knowing that I have an item that noone else will have (at least in my lifetime). I loved the Neutro comic book since I was a kid and when it was offered for sale some 30 years ago it seemed like the holy grail to me at the time and it still feels that way to me now..... smile.gif

As far as comics go I am rather attached to my Green Lantern collection but my favorite comic book has to be the Mystic #4. It is not in the best of shape but I love the cover and being the comic sniffer that I am I rather like the way that it smells...(Ok maybe a little more than you needed to know)... tongue.gif

Mine is a slight stretch unless you are either me or (posibly) a pre-code horror collector grin.gif . It is Braham Stoker's calling card with his writing that says "7 for 7:30. Abbey Room. Fleet Street."

Since Stoker popularized vampires with his DRACULA novel, I always think of that calling card when I read a vampire-related comic.