• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I think this SDCC announced product will tank...

44 posts in this topic

Being a football card collector along side of my x-men comic collection, I can tell you that Upper Deck is in serious Money trouble. They lost a mulit million dollar lawsuit in the past few years, Lost the NFL Contract, closed all of their retail stores, and is now looking to find ways to get out of going Bankrupt. I do not see Upper Deck Keeping a strong business over the next few years. They are pretty much starting to fall out of the big card producers. Panini and Topps are much more powerful, Comic cards are a small venue, compared to the big sports. Upper decks best selling products were NFL and MLB. Now they lost the NFL, they are and could loose the MLB due to the same practice that caused them to loose the NFL.

Please read up on what happened. It’s too much to explain here. But my opinion Upper Deck will not be around in the next 5 years. But I could be wrong. But they need to fix a lot of problems. Many people are still waiting on redemption cards from 5 years ago.

Doesn't Upper Deck own Cryptozoic? Cryptozoi is very popular with the Walking Dead License, not to mention Big Bang Theory, Fringe, and others.

No Cryptozoic is a privately owned and operated company and they are some of the coolest folks around. They just happen to be picking up multiple licenses that Upper Deck has managed to lose over the last couple years due to the turds running that company.

I had bought 2 boxes of the Walking Dead cards factory sealed, nether box had an autograph card and one of the boxes only had 1 wardrobe card. I wrote to them figuring nothing would come of it but that as a new customer to their company I was let down at not getting the hits like you normally do (this was also after speaking to people on eBay who had opened 90+ boxes and gotten an auto in every single one) and they replied back within 48 hours saying they were sorry that happen, even though you are not guaranteed an auto in every box (technically 1 per 24 packs and there are 24 packs to a box) that they would take care of me just send them in the box tops and wrappers to ID what lot they came from for quality control.

About a month later I get a little box in the mail from them which included 2 random autos which were Norman Reedus and Michael Rooker (pretty lucky at the randomness) along with 1 wardrobe card and 5 extra packs. Well 4 of the 5 packs had hits including an auto of Glenn and 3 wardrobe cards.

Yeah this is not Upper Deck at all. :)

I remember when Upper Deck was the only name in town. The only thing that is nice about Upper Deck sinking is that their PSA autographed memorabilia chase cards are likely to decrease as the name fades.

Hey cool post. I happen to be fairly highly involved in this set :D It will be pretty cool.

I work with most of these companies, and this set is gonna be one of the best that has come out in a long time.