• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is your all time favorite comic book "scene"?

56 posts in this topic

Odin headbutting Galactus, cracking open his armor and sending him crashing to Earth. Don't eff with Odin.

Scan10186.jpg

Where's this from??

Joker--

The Mighty Thor #5 (2011)

Great thread! My favorite scene always was in Amazing Spider-Man #121. I think you all know what I'm talking about. ("snap!")

However, after just reading Walking Dead #100, I think I have another scene that's going to stick with me for a while (not sure if that's good or bad!)

Superman 75.

The page or two that pans through all of the people in Superman's life as their watching him die.I forget how it goes, but includes "his wife" (Lois) and particularly the description of Jimmy Olsen as we see the look of horror on his face as he watches the battle scene ("And one who would be his pal.")

Two really stick out in my mind. One was the EC Baseball story FOUL PLAY in HAUNT OF FEAR #19, which I used to own. The final page, consisting of three act5ual panels, is certainly very high up in the gruesome level, especially for the earfly 50s.

http://theshortbox.com/2010/10/panel-by-panel-haunt-of-fear-19/

The second one was in my pre-code horror collection, MYSTERIOUS ADVENTURES #20, concerned a woman who was constantly berated and belittled by her cruel chef husband Francois. Final scene she takes her revenge and, in a scene similar to FOUL PLAY (above), makes a tempting display in the store of "Francois' Heart" and "Francois' Liver" etc.

ma20-francois.jpg

PS - I did change the above post because I could not recall the MA 20 issue. Luckily Search is our friend and I found I asked the same question in 2003 in the GA and it got answered. Brain cell don;t age well. :(