• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st cgc grades posted by adam knight

7 posts in this topic

i was way off!!!!

my 1st cgc submissions were vengeance of bane #1, batman #1 (2011) and batwing #1.

i was hoping for a 9.8 on batman and batwing because i had never took them out of their bags and around a 9.0 for the bane comic.

so as you can imagine i was pretty gutted to find out that i had scored a 7.5 for my bane and a 9.6 for each of the other 2

i guess this shows how much i have to learn!!but i will enjoy hunting for other copies of a higher grade!!

how do you score a 9.8 i wonder? i have some more unread comics to submit so im hoping that i will find out quite soon

thanks for reading!!

See more journals by adam knight

oh, it's painful, I know! Been there, done that... One thing that another board member pointed out to me was not to forget to give a solid review the back of the comic as well. Good luck next time!

oh, it's painful, I know! Been there, done that... One thing that another board member pointed out to me was not to forget to give a solid review the back of the comic as well. Good luck next time!

That is an extremely good point. I made that mistake early on on never really examining the back of the books as well, especially on modern (2000-current) books.

I spent a long, long time stalking the "Can You Spare a Grade" portion of this board to test my grading against others'. On those modern books, like your ones you got back in 9.6, the grading tends to be much more strict since they are newly published pieces.

Can you post some pics of the books you got back? Maybe we can help shed some light as to why you got the grades you did.

I was surprised that I took a hit on my Bane book (at a 9.2). I knew that when I purchased the book when it first came out it sat in a box until I had it graded a few months ago. I was hoping a 9.4, at least.

As far as the 9.8, it will come sometime. Usually when you least expect it. I sent a Wolverine The Origin #1 to be autographed by Joe Quesada (for a benefit for the Hero Initiative that the CGC was contributing to). I searched hard for another book to send because I didn't think that book would do well. I not only read the book, but I read it in traveling conditions and multiple times. There were some breaks in the paint along the spine. I thought the worst. I was floored when the book came back 9.8 (first one) and with the autograph (also a first)!

It may have been in error on the CGC's part or they grade lighter in the Signature Series, but I'll take it.