• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's your favorite of the New 52?

23 posts in this topic

Self-professed Marvel fanboy here, growing up I'd buy most of the major Marvel titles weekly. While I've read all of DC's major events, arcs and graphic novels, I've never kept up with any DC series on a weekly reader basis.

I figure the New 52 is my second chance at becoming a weekly DC reader, but there's so many titles that I was a bit overwhelmed. I took staff recommendations and have fully caught up on the Snyder Batman series, which I absolutely loved, as well as the Animal Man and Swamp Thing series.

Looking for what to get into next, I've got quite a bit of free time so I want to take on 3 or 4 series.

I'm current on Green Lantern and am enjoying it. Not as much as Batman but it has survived a few rounds of pull list reduction.

You need to be caught up with the previous volume of Green Lantern to really understand it all because this one did not start over at all.

aquaman is a bit cheeseball for my tastes (As was justice league) but it is a surprisingly good series, if you had told the 15 year old me, that the 31 year old me would have aquaman on his pull list for any other reason than a joke or lost bet I would have laughed at you.

batman

batman and robin

swamp thing

animal man

aquaman

those would be the five I like best in no particular order (other than batman being #1 with a bullet) I do still pick up all-star western also and enjoy it for its old gotham setting

Batman Inc is only two issues in but I love the start of it thusfar

I have on 8 my pull list:

Batman

Batman and Robin

Detective Comics

Batman: The Dark Knight

Nightwing

Swamp Thing

Green Arrow

Justice League

I enjoy reading them all, because of the characters in them. Green Arrow has been better in the past. Dark Knight is hit or miss as well as Detective. If I had to recommend 5 other than Batman, they would be:

Batman and Robin (But catch up first)

Nightwing (But catch up first)

Swamp Thing (Snyder has been great)

Detective (As of now, since John Layman is coming on issue 13)

Justice League

The New 52 title with the overweight, lesbian, Inuit, Wiccan in a wheelchair.

Protected classes are all the rage over at DC. I'm waiting for the Newer 52, where they start at -1 and end at Absolute Kelvin.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Red Hood and the Outlaws. Love this one. Maybe i'm the only one....

I literally think you're the only one. But maybe its good, I just don't know anyone who has read it.

And I read Mr. Terrific.

my faves are

aquaman

justice league

supergirl (surprisingly)

batman

Everyone's missing out! This book rocks.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Red Hood and the Outlaws. Love this one. Maybe i'm the only one....

I literally think you're the only one. But maybe its good, I just don't know anyone who has read it.

And I read Mr. Terrific.

my faves are

aquaman

justice league

supergirl (surprisingly)

batman

I'm digging Red Hood, always a fun read. Earth 2 has been good so far. Other than that...

Batman

Animal Man

Swamp Thing

Birds of Prey

Green Lantern

Justice League