• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worldwide Comics

114 posts in this topic

Is Worldwide Comics on the CGC boards? Anyone ever deal with them?

No complaints or anything. Just contemplating a purchase on the site and wanted feedback from anyone having dealt with them.

Their grading is great in my opinion and their detrmination of PQ range is second to none. If they say it's white....it's WHITE. Communication is good....if you have a question about rusty staples or tape, for example, Steve...the owner, gets right back to you. I'm not sure how their service is about slabs....I've only bought raw from them. Between them and Metropolis, I rarely have to look much further for websites. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. Their "NEW ADDITIONS" section is the best in the business.....new items almost daily......items often sell within hours.

I think their raw grading is spot on, on a par with CGC...

That's good to hear.

Every-time I'm considering a raw book on their site I check the scan provided. The scan is so mass, that I notice every flaw and think it is over-graded. When In actuality it just highlights every little flaw.

[font:Book Antiqua]

I just discover the site and make my first transaction with them,

easy and smooth, no problem at all...

I will shop from them again in the future...[/font]

(thumbs u

I have bought from them several times and you can also wheel and deal with them and usually get the book at what you offer them. No problems with there service. By the way they are moving to there new San Antonio offices at the end of this month. Can't wait to go home to see Stephen and I guess my family!

....I quit participating in eBay auctions years ago. The big auction houses still appeal to me.....but I'm more of a fixed-price consumer and World Wide has TONS of accurately graded books at prices I don't mind paying......with fantastic turnaround times. I often have the item in less than a week. For those who have a beef, there are certainly other options.....I'm just glad I don't have that restriction. GOD BLESS...

Ive purchased several books from Matt on WWC. Maybe 5 slabs, 3 raw books. Fast service and if there were any issues he was quick to respond. There was one raw book that I purchased that was inaccuartely graded, I brought it up immediately and he took care of the matter with no issues whatsoever.

Top notch in my book. (thumbs u

....I quit participating in eBay auctions years ago. The big auction houses still appeal to me.....but I'm more of a fixed-price consumer and World Wide has TONS of accurately graded books at prices I don't mind paying......with fantastic turnaround times. I often have the item in less than a week. For those who have a beef, there are certainly other options.....I'm just glad I don't have that restriction. GOD BLESS...

I'm in agreement with you Jimbo. I haven't bought a single book from auctions from WWC, Stephen or Matt. I have bought some slabs and a bunch of raw books from WWC though. Each of the raws were purchased at less than asking price.

I was reading this thread and thinking, I would check out WW comics then bang two links and 1.5 hours reading later, another one to avoid.

Some great reading & history here on the boards.

To be honest I've bought from them directly via their WWComics site, always excellent books, nothing has ever gone wrong, friendly, quick to deal with and prices are more reasonable then some eBay/ComicLink sellers.

I know I've heard about the shilling on eBay and no one has come on here from WW to argue those claims.

I've only ever done business direct and never had a problem.

I remember that going down. lol I woudn't trust Matt at all,just too much shadiness going on. ???

I am glad this thread refreshed my memory. I"ll just skip that booth from now on.

but should you relent in the future, make sure it's only a partial acceptance of ww---please continue to skip the timelys, fox pre-8/40's and raboys.

thanks.

I was reading this thread and thinking, I would check out WW comics then bang two links and 1.5 hours reading later, another one to avoid.

Some great reading & history here on the boards.

To be honest I've bought from them directly via their WWComics site, always excellent books, nothing has ever gone wrong, friendly, quick to deal with and prices are more reasonable then some eBay/ComicLink sellers.

I know I've heard about the shilling on eBay and no one has come on here from WW to argue those claims.

I've only ever done business direct and never had a problem.

Reading back through 2 different thread links, someone from WW does come on and slags off FT, I trust Nick totally and that was good enough for me to not want to do business with them.