• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cyber Force - Kickerstarter relaunch

88 posts in this topic

i'm still confuse??? Who should we pay to.... Joel or Top Cow??? are we going to pledge it, or is Joel gonna pledge on our behalf??? What's the final cost for this?? Is this just for the kickstarter variant and/or the regular cvr???

Again, so many question.... So little money :(

You will pay all the money to Top Cow, I will not be pledging on anyone's behalf. The final cost will be posted during their next update, which I believe will be tomorrow. This will only be for the Kickstarter variant, as the regular cover will be available in comic book stores and I do not believe there are any pledge levels that include a signed regular edition.

The idea is that the final cost will be:

1) The original pledge level you were going to pick ($10 and up)

2) $22 per graded comic/ashcan for the grading fee

3) $5 submission fee

4) Return shipping fee via UPS Ground ($9 for the 1st book, $2 each additional book)

There may or may not be an additional 10% surcharge on top of the last 3 charges to cover administrative expenses, but I'm hopeful that won't be the case. The goal is to only charge the necessary fees that CGC charges.

Now, since the matter of the regular cover has come up, let me offer this: Marc Silvestri is scheduled to be the Guest of Honor at my upcoming convention, the So Cal Comic Con, on November 18th. If the 1st issue reaches stores before November 18th, you can submit that comic to me (as I've been approved to be the facilitator of my show) to be signed and graded. I cannot guarantee that I can add Matt Hawkins' signature, but I would work to add his signature upon request.

That, however, is a matter for another thread. Right now, I am hopeful that once the new pledge levels are posted, a lot of you will take advantage of this offer and get these Kickstarter variants signed and CGC graded. :) I am NOT stepping in as an independent facilitator. I am a behind-the-scenes assistant working on behalf of Top Cow. But yes, I will work to make sure the best copies available are picked out, invoices are filled out (and invoice numbers transmitted to each customer) and books are submitted properly.

Any other questions? :)

Yes I want to pledge but info is lacking ... If I pledge now am I able to change it to cgc option latter orrr ?... :S

If you pledge now, you can change your pledge until August 17th, I believe, when the campaign gets fully funded (or not), so if you want to lock in your pledge level now, and then add to your pledge when the CGC costs are posted, you should be able to do so.

so does that mean joel, will also be picking for non board member that went for cgc ss upgrade???

Yes, I will be assisting anyone's pledge that includes money for CGC grading. Any pledge levels that include money for CGC grading, I will e-mail that person their individual CGC invoice number once the books are submitted, so they can check the status until the slab(s) is sent out to them. Think of me as someone assisting the process, NOT an independent facilitator.

An other question is when will they take the $$ for cgc?.. at the end of the kickstarter even or when all the books are finally done & ready to be shipped out ?..

An other question is when will they take the $$ for cgc?.. at the end of the kickstarter even or when all the books are finally done & ready to be shipped out ?..

You will pay the CGC costs when you make your pledge for the Kickstarter campaign. On August 17th they will start running everyone's credit card for the pledge amount including the CGC grading cost

that actually kind of hurts a bit ... any chance they will have cgc option for just certain covers ?.. I know I want #1 done ... & I'd also want any cover where ripclaw is the focus of the cover done ... you know they will do at least one lol

that actually kind of hurts a bit ... any chance they will have cgc option for just certain covers ?.. I know I want #1 done ... & I'd also want any cover where ripclaw is the focus of the cover done ... you know they will do at least one lol

I'm not sure how many packages they are looking to offer. I'm also not sure if they've picked all 5 covers yet, but I imagine at least 1 of them has a Ripclaw focus.

As far as the payment is concerned, I don't think there's any flexibility in that department. Sorry. Would you only know which covers you'd want done by seeing all 5 covers first?

pretty much the way it works yeah lol now if they spaced out the time between the kick starter even & the actual payment for the grading of all books ... Since the grading does not get done until the books are printed ... wouldn't be a problem

pretty much the way it works yeah lol now if they spaced out the time between the kick starter even & the actual payment for the grading of all books ... Since the grading does not get done until the books are printed ... wouldn't be a problem

Yeah, I understand that, but the way Kickstarter works, you pay now for everything. Collecting money later on from folks who want the grading done on certain covers, I don't think they would want to bother with that... Sorry.

In Update #7, Top Cow announced the cost of getting any of their signed books graded, but here's the summary:

For 1 comic signed and graded: Add $36 total ($22 for the grading fee, $5 for the invoice fee, and $9 for the return shipping fee.) ($15 level, $25 level, $75 level).

For 5 comics signed and graded: Add $132 total ($22 each for 5 grading fees, $5 for the invoice fee, and $17 for the return shipping fee) ($70, $100, $150+ levels).

IF YOU WANT YOUR SIGNED COMICS CGC GRADED, YOU WILL NEED TO MANUALLY ADD THIS COST TO YOUR PLEDGE AMOUNT VIA KICKSTARTER.

So, let's say you pledged $25 (or plan to pledge $25) to get the signed Cyberforce #1 variant. Instead, you would pledge $61 ($25+$36), but select the $25 reward. Once you do that, your book will be signed in front of a witness and sent to CGC for grading, and I will e-mail you personally with your invoice number once it's been sent for grading.

For those of you that already pledged, go back to the Kickstarter page, click the blue Manage your Pledge button, then enter the new amount but keep the reward selection the same (unless you do want a different reward) and Confirm your new amount. The link is:

Cyberforce Kickstarter campaign page

At this time, it's either getting 1 comic or all 5 comics graded, you won't be able to pick and choose which of the 5 covers gets sent in for grading, sorry.

Keep bringing up any questions you have!

Ok, Joel,

If I understood you right I think I did this correctly. I selected the $15 reward which is #1 signed and changed my pledge to $51. Someone will be watching for these differences and contact us to see if it is for CGC grading?

I got another for you Joel:

Is there a way to see the other cvrs for issue 2-5?? All i'm seeing is issue #1. I'm thinking of getting it SS BUT I would like to see the other issue cvr to know what they look like and if I like them??

the return shipping (after graded) does that include Canada??

Is there a way to see the other cvrs for issue 2-5?? All i'm seeing is issue #1. I'm thinking of getting it SS BUT I would like to see the other issue cvr to know what they look like and if I like them??

I understand your concern. Let me talk to them and see if the other covers can be posted...

Return shipping does NOT include Canada, those rates for US Customers only. Rates for Canadian return shipping will depend on how many books you get graded. Normally, what does CGC charge you to ship 1 book back to Canada? Or do you go through facilitators who mail you books from their place?

I understand your concern. Let me talk to them and see if the other covers can be posted...

Return shipping does NOT include Canada, those rates for US Customers only. Rates for Canadian return shipping will depend on how many books you get graded. Normally, what does CGC charge you to ship 1 book back to Canada? Or do you go through facilitators who mail you books from their place?

it doesn't have to be a complete cvr, maybe just the artist preliminary sketch and who/which character is on the cvr.... i know some people would like to know too.....

unfortunately, I don't know how much to ship to Canada, since I do go thru a facilitators

I wonder if I am able to request the books not be signed so I can send them off to be signed at a latter date ?.. These guys have to go to cons at some point right ?.. So how are they handling the kickstarter & cgc funds ?.. won't the cgc funds interfere with the kickstarter funds ?.. I see no way of kick starter being able to tell the difference of what people are pledging

I wonder if I am able to request the books not be signed so I can send them off to be signed at a latter date ?.. These guys have to go to cons at some point right ?.. So how are they handling the kickstarter & cgc funds ?.. won't the cgc funds interfere with the kickstarter funds ?.. I see no way of kick starter being able to tell the difference of what people are pledging

i did it earlier and it's pretty easy. just picked the $70 level and filled in $202 for the total amount. sent topcow an email thru kickstarter. badda-bing-badda-boom, all good.

"If you just want your book graded this is easy for you to do on your own and probably cheaper for you that way so contact them directly for that. For "signature authenticity" and "grading" together where a CGC rep watches Marc and I sign these books and then sends them in for grading we can do this and will pass along directly the costs to you. So if you want this please add these to your pledge amount and email me through the system notifying me that's what you want.

For 1 comic signed and graded: Add $36 total ($22 for the grading fee, $5 for the invoice fee, and $9 for the return shipping fee.) ($15 level, $25 level, $75 level).

For 5 comics signed and graded: Add $132 total ($22 each for 5 grading fees, $5 for the invoice fee, and $17 for the return shipping fee) ($70, $100, $150+ levels)."