• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM 300 (With Printing Defect on Back Cover?)

8 posts in this topic

ASM300.jpg

ASM300back.jpg

ASM300back1.jpg

I always thought that there was some weird overhang on the back cover, but I realized today that its because the inside of the back cover page has what looks like a printing defect. Or is it just a case of an off-centered wrap?

If you look at the back page screen I included the AD ends at the black portion (crooked too), but then there's additional white room.

I'm looking to get a 300 signed for a Signature Series, and am looking for a 9.8. Do you think the defects on this one (the weirdness of the wrap, the misaligned back cover, small knicks on top and bottom cover) keep it at 9.6 or worse?

You can also see that the front cover doesn't slightly doesn't cover the full front page.

The more I look at it my OCD seems to think its definitely got something funky going on. If you look at the Marvel Price Box on other 300s, theres more of a black border than is apparent on mine.

Anyone please?

I've looked at a few other 300s, and it seems like a few have this problem, where the front cover doesn't fully cover the front page.

Really confused with the back cover's shape and the fact that there's clearly a printing defect.

Everything else is fine, the staples are tight.

I wouldnt submit that book based on what I see if you are looking for 9.6

Thumbprints back cover

Corner nubbing that looks like a spine stress mark as well.

The overhang on the front cover doesnt bother me that back cover at the bottom does.

Also looks like maybe one or two small stress marks on back cover but may be your scanner.

I dont think the outer edge on front cover will come into play at all other then its not pretty.

I gonna say it lands at 9.4 at very worst 9.2, but I think 9.4 would be the grade.

Id have to have the corner nub in my hands to be sure, but it looks decent enough to downgrade.

I wouldnt submit that book based on what I see if you are looking for 9.6

Thumbprints back cover

Corner nubbing that looks like a spine stress mark as well.

The overhang on the front cover doesnt bother me that back cover at the bottom does.

Also looks like maybe one or two small stress marks on back cover but may be your scanner.

I dont think the outer edge on front cover will come into play at all other then its not pretty.

I gonna say it lands at 9.4 at very worst 9.2, but I think 9.4 would be the grade.

Id have to have the corner nub in my hands to be sure, but it looks decent enough to downgrade.

Thanks for the feedback. I'd be happy with a 9.4, but pretty disappointed with a 9.2. Thanks for the feedback fastball.

9.4. The thumbprints hurt more than the blunted bottom corner. The top corner looks more like a factory,bindery flaw. 9.4 on a good day, 9.2 on a bad. Depends on what the grader had for lunch.