• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chicago Comic Con ticket question

7 posts in this topic

I've never attended a comic convention, so I have a question. My wife and I bought tickets to the Chicago Comic Con. But, her health has been rather inconsistent and even if we make it out to Chicago, there's a good chance she won't be up to attending the convention. When I searched the website, I found that the tickets are non refundable. So the question is, can I sell these tickets to someone else to use? The pdf has our names on the tickets and the website says "Photo ID may be required". Anyone know whether or not there's a way to sell or transfer these ticket to someone else? Thanks in advance.

I've never attended a comic convention, so I have a question. My wife and I bought tickets to the Chicago Comic Con. But, her health has been rather inconsistent and even if we make it out to Chicago, there's a good chance she won't be up to attending the convention. When I searched the website, I found that the tickets are non refundable. So the question is, can I sell these tickets to someone else to use? The pdf has our names on the tickets and the website says "Photo ID may be required". Anyone know whether or not there's a way to sell or transfer these ticket to someone else? Thanks in advance.

For the last con I went to I ended up getting a dealer pass so I didnt need my ticket. I just told the person at the counter to give it to my buddy. If you go you should be able to take a friend and they could use yours wifes ticket.

If my wife can't go, I'm not going to leave her home alone while I go. There's always next year. Besides, it's a seven hour or so drive from here. She just wants to meet James Marsters and that's the only reason we were going.

jaster-mereel - what dscott said seems to support what you said, but he was there at the time. I'm worried about the whole "Photo ID may be required". A friend of mine said he had to show photo ID at Wizard World New Orleans. I don't want to end up selling these tickets to someone and them not being able to get in...