• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SON OF HOUSTONCON - September 29, 2012

1 post in this topic

My good friend, and avid old funnybook collector, Don Price, is putting on a one day, old school, golden age silver age comic book swap meet here in Houston the last Saturday in September. Here is his release...

Son of HoustonCon

It is official for limited public consumption.

On Saturday Sept. 29, 2012 there will be a Golden and Silver Age Comics and Collectibles Micro-Convention at:

La Quinta Westchase

10850 Harwin Drive (near Beltway 8 and I-10)

Houston, TX 77072

Hotel Telephone: 281-495-7700

LQ.com

At the present time we are limited to 10 dealer’s tables. If there is greater demand we can expand into the dining room (which is connected to the meeting room via Glass Doors) AFTER 12:00 PM breakfast clean up. We are limited to six -8 foot tables and four 6 ft. tables, so if you know you only need a shorter table please let me know earlier rather than later.

For dealers table please contact: Don Price 713-988-2765 or don_price56@hotmail.com Note: there is an underscore between Don and Price in the email.

Are you sitting down? Your first dealers table is FREE! If there are any leftover tables they will be made available for – Are you still sitting down? $50.00!

I will entertain out-of-towners who KNOW they will be bringing multiple tables of good stuff a guarantee of two tables. Why? Because we want you and your stuff HERE! But I need to see how many locals and out of towners we have before I can cast anything in Kryponite!

The initial dealer’s Meeting room will open for set up at 0800. The secondary (if needed) Dealer’s room in the dining area will be available for set up no later than 1200. (That’s noon for you non- Military time types.)

The absolute time limit for being out of the room and having it left as we found it is 2000 hrs (8:00 PM) so I suspect we will run the show from 10:00 AM to 6:30 PM

There are no special rates for the rooms unless you are a member of AARP, AAA or other groups which have discount programs. Their rates are not that high to begin with and they have a breakfast bar with free cereal, rolls, waffles, coffee etc.

While there will not be anyone policing the rooms I would encourage people to realize that our target market is for Platinum, Golden and Silver Age. Bring the old stuff! Modern stuff is just NOT going to be worth hauling.

SOUND LIKE FUN? Then contact me, Don Price, at 713-988-2765.

So there you haveit. Old funnybook fun in Houston the last Saturday in September. Mark it on your calendar and be there!