• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CHARITY AUCTION FOR THE HERO INITIATIVE

28 posts in this topic

YES I AM SHOUTING!!!!! lol

Rupp and I ran a sales thread with a small charitable component. However, the couple of items I auctioned straight up ended with one sad, lonely bid.

However, that bidder (TAFKADixie/Sam) is both a gentleman and a scholar (worship). He suggested more eyes on the items might raise a little more money than we could in the tumbleweed festival that is Mixed Age Forum :eek:

If others want to add an item to the thread...feel free :foryou: All I ask is that everything end at the same time (midnight EST Friday). I will happily serve as a central point for the donations and just send them all or you can settle straight between the donator and the buyer (thumbs u

In the case of the two items I am starting with (maybe I add one or two more tommorrow hm ) I will ask the bidder to add $5 for shipping domestically or whatever cost is for international.

Now without further ado the two sad, sad items that did not get any lovin' last weekend :cry:

:gossip: And have I mentioned that Sam rocks for suggesting this??? :headbang:

AUCTION ITEM...

ASM 34 VG+

All of the proceeds of this item will go towards the amount we pay the Hero Initiative...

Bid in whatever damn increments you want...hey penny bids make for more posts :insane:

The winning bid will be the high bid at Midnight EST on Friday.

Oh and post something funny with your bid...bawdy poems, demotivational pics...we want laughter dagnabit!

asm34.jpg

AUCTION ITEM...

Silver Surfer Fireside TPB First Printing

All of the proceeds of this item will go towards the amount we pay the Hero Initiative...

Bid in whatever damn increments you want...hey penny bids make for more posts :insane:

Oh and post something funny with your bid...bawdy poems, demotivational pics...we want laughter dagnabit!

surferfireside.jpg

You do realize there is another charity thread going on, yes?

One raising money for a member who lost his son at the DKR massacre?

Any particular reason why you can't wait a bit for yours?

I commend you for doing this, and its for a great cause, but your timing is less than perfect. Postpone it until August and I'll happily donate a book and put in a nice bid on the ASM.

Heath is one of the most generous members on these boards. This is not the first time he has spear-headed a charity thread.

Chastising someone for helping others may not be the most prudent course of action. The Colorado tragedy thread has morphed into a thread for a board member who suffered an unimaginable loss, but was started as a general charity thread.

A PM would have sufficed, especially with a boardie who would have gladly obliged. 2c

There once was a fellow named Balls

Who preferred comic books over dolls

He bid on this old rag

'cause of the cheap price tag

Choosing Surfer over the guy who wall crawls.

Not bawdy, but a limerick just the same. I'll bid $10 on the Surfer TPB.

Hero Initiative :headbang:

Heath is one of the most generous members on these boards. This is not the first time he has spear-headed a charity thread.

Chastising someone for helping others may not be the most prudent course of action. The Colorado tragedy thread has morphed into a thread for a board member who suffered an unimaginable loss, but was started as a general charity thread.

A PM would have sufficed, especially with a boardie who would have gladly obliged. 2c

We evidently have a different understanding of the verb chastising.

I commend you for doing this, and its for a great cause, but your timing is less than perfect. Postpone it until August and I'll happily donate a book and put in a nice bid on the ASM.

NO, I did not realize that and my apologies if this came across as insensitive to that situation (and my sincere condolences to the boardie in question...I will look up the thread in a moment...I have been a bit swamped this week and out of the proverbial CGC Boards loop).

Unfortunately, a bid has been placed and the horse will not go back into the barn. I think perhaps the best course of action is to allow this to continue and be closed to any additional donations by myself or others.

I will match the final bids on these items and make a straight donation to the other fundraiser mentioned (up to $100 total if they happen to go that high). :foryou:

When August comes around I'll look for that donation Shadroch and make a bid or donate another item if it does not catch my eye. Thanks for pointing out the situation and again my sincere apologies if this offended anyone in any way.

-------------------------------

So, the thread still closes at Midnight EST tommorrow with the two items. We will have matching totals for the auctions going to the aforementioned Aurora thread and another for HERO.

Best,

Heath

NO, I did not realize that and my apologies if this came across as insensitive to that situation (and my sincere condolences to the boardie in question...I will look up the thread in a moment...I have been a bit swamped this week and out of the proverbial CGC Boards loop).

Unfortunately, a bid has been placed and the horse will not go back into the barn. I think perhaps the best course of action is to allow this to continue and be closed to any additional donations by myself or others.

I will match the final bids on these items and make a straight donation to the other fundraiser mentioned (up to $100 total if they happen to go that high). :foryou:

When August comes around I'll look for that donation Shadroch and make a bid or donate another item if it does not catch my eye. Thanks for pointing out the situation and again my sincere apologies if this offended anyone in any way.

-------------------------------

So, the thread still closes at Midnight EST tommorrow with the two items. We will have matching totals for the auctions going to the aforementioned Aurora thread and another for HERO.

Best,

Heath

Naw I think Shadroch can afford to float us a $20 spot just to help out the cause... especially since he's stated he's more than willing to put in some cash.

I once knew a guy named Kraven

Who's health and sanity were quite graven

So I wanted to chip in

And on a $10 whim

I've posted in this thread again.

$10 on the ASM, too.

AUCTION ITEM...

ASM 34 VG+

asm34.jpg

$23.76