• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HOARDERS UNITE !!!!!!

65 posts in this topic

Peter Parker 1. There are dealers with unopened boxes.

Star Trek 1 (the Marvel series).

Daredevil 181

X-Men 137

Man of Steel 1 893censored-thumb.gif

X-Men 1

Superman 75

My first "wholesale" purchases were Howard the Duck#1 and Peter Parker#1. The Ducks I sold off en masse about two months later for fifty cents each,tripling my investment and the PPs I sold off slowly all thru the 80s for a couple of dollars apiece. Anyone who bought stacks of these off the racks did quite well,regardless of what some naysayers might try to say.A couple of years later I found a source that would sell me Spiderwoman#1 at less than cover and moved several hundred via a small ad in CBG.

There were some losers along the way(Devil Dinosaur,Eternals,Dazzler,ect,ect,but one winner(a case of Titans #2 or 3) more than made up for them.

Of course when we were dealing with 25 cent or even 60 cent books,it was much easier to buy a case and you didn't need much movement to double your money.The whoesale cost of a case of X-Men 137 wasn't all that much more than what many people spend on a weekly basis these days.

Thats why I think you are better off buying 100 mid-grade Silver age books for $10 each than one nice $1,000 book,if you are looking to make some money these days.

I was, inadvertantly, hoarding copies of X-Men #145 (Doom cover). I picked up quite a few in the past couple years (in my quest for Doom covers). When I'd get home to file one away, I'd go foreheadslap.gif, I already have this one. I have subsequently gotten rid of all but one of them.

I have doubles of almost every issue of 100 Bullets (except the more recent issues). But this is for a long term "project".

Thats why I think you are better off buying 100 mid-grade Silver age books for $10 each than one nice $1,000 book,if you are looking to make some money these days.

Its the Donut Path To Riches! Works all day long.

893naughty-thumb.gif
Took you long enough to respond. No wonder you never find the "good" books. You're out napping somewhere! sleeping.gif