• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overstreet Guide Missing prices - CLOSED

8 posts in this topic

Hello all knowing board members,

A co-worker recently picked up a copy of Overstreet to price his books. He stated that a number of books only have a price for NM condition. He was curious as to why there are no prices for other grades.

As I do not own a copy of Overstreet, I could not answer his question.

Do any of you know the answer?

Thanks,

Brian

Overstreet states (Issue 40 - newest I got), in the PRICING IN THIS GUIDE paragraph at the very beginning for the main price listings:

"The minimum price listed is $2.25, the cover price for current new comics. Many books listed at this price can be found in $1.00 boxes at conventions and dealer's stores".

Basically those books with only NM are not worth breaking out into lower grades.

They would take up too many rolodex cards.

The price of ads would go up. :baiting:

:cry:

To pay for the new 'puters!!!

The front of the guide, where that point came from, has a TON of information that he should read.

Most people think that most of the value that the guide provides is in those first few pages.

(thumbs u

The front of the guide, where that point came from, has a TON of information that he should read.

Most people think that most of the value that the guide provides is in those first few pages.

(thumbs u

At least in #40 it didn;t come from the front of the book, but on the first page of the regular price listings. But you are right. There is a lot of good info in the prefaces to the pricing part itself.

I just wish they would put all that at the very beginning instead of having all those ads first. You have to go through 8 pages of ads before you even get to the Title Page.