• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

You are right, you are all right...I see it now! Where is the :white flag: emoticon when I need it most...?

To summarize:

1.) Dre is the man, and I am SOOO JEALOUS!

2.) Dre's books are 9.8s, mine are 9.4s

3.) Dre walks on water, I walk on nails

4.) Dre lives in an honest-to-gosh apartment, I live in my mother's basement

5.) Dre was ACTUALLY AT NYCC! I was too, but...it's just not as cool when I say it. ;-)

6.) Dre has pictures of big stacks of $20 books. I can't be bothered.

7.) Dre can do no wrong, and when he makes erroneous assumptions in an attempt to belittle another forum member, it is for their own good...and they probably deserve it

8.) When Dre has insider information that no one else is privy to, and he can't share it, it is his right (NO! HIS OBLIGATION!) to let everyone else know just how well-informed he is...even if this is to the benefit of absolutely no one.

Is that everything, then...? Great, glad we cleared all of that up.

Last post on the topic, so...if you've been waiting to lash out, and you really want to let me have it without fear of any retaliation or response of any kind, now's your chance! GET SOME!

1) - Nobody ever said I was.

2) - Probably 9.4s, can't say without pre-screening your books first.

3) - Grew up in NYC (Bronx) - Never a good swimmer.

4) - Hard to give up a 3 Bedroom 3 Parking spot rent controlled apartment at the beach. Here's my backyard. A little overcast today but the sun is starting to come out.

7FD2990A-B3BC-4241-AFB0-2A322C88BD22-3542-00000659DB800D78-1.jpg

6) Apparently you were

7) I do wrong all the time. That's what Sunday Church is for

8) meh

Retaliation? I just want to dance!

Breakdance_Battle_2009.jpg

Ever notice how hot book threads, are always the ones that end up being drama magnets?

I wonder if you can correlate drama in a thread, to price speculation....

In other derivative news, the Bedlam Drama Index (BDI) is starting to rise as launch day approaches...

4) - Hard to give up a 3 Bedroom 3 Parking spot rent controlled apartment at the beach. Here's my backyard. A little overcast today but the sun is starting to come out.

7FD2990A-B3BC-4241-AFB0-2A322C88BD22-3542-00000659DB800D78-1.jpg

I miss California! Guess I will just have to go to the beach here in South Florida!

Great View!

Edited by lostpike

Uptown baby! I grew up in the thoroughest borough myself! South Bronx baby! 10459! Right now I just felt like I was in an episode of Chapelle's Show, the Player Haters Ball skit...

PlayerHater.jpg

Uptown baby! I grew up in the thoroughest borough myself! South Bronx baby! 10459! Right now I just felt like I was in an episode of Chapelle's Show, the Player Haters Ball skit...

PlayerHater.jpg

10473 - Soundview area right around the corner from Hunt's Point & Southern Blvd. over by Umberto's Pizzeria

Beach & Lacombe

PlayerHater.jpg

10473 - Soundview area right around the corner from Hunt's Point & Southern Blvd. over by Umberto's Pizzeria

Beach & Lacombe

I def know the area, I grew up on Fox St & Barretto St, just a couple of blocks from Hunt's Point & Southern Blvd. Attended C.S. 150 and I.S. 116... lol

PM sent by the way.

YAY!

You know how many people don't get that reference.

Dazed and Confused. One best movies from the early nineties.

:D

so many epic quotes from that movie, its not even funny.

YAY!

:D

so many epic quotes from that movie, its not even funny.

That movie was spot on my youth in Texas minus the paddling stuff. Linklater nailed that time capsule circa 1977ish.

YAY!

Still my favourite Linklater film, although I did rather like Slacker and Waking Life too. His films were so much better when he experimented :cloud9:

I think the argument all comes down to #8 on the list.

Seems like anger over not knowing the Revival rumor.

There is only one possible rumor, so I think everyone should get it. Author selling the TV/movie rights....what else is there for modern comics?

If Dre were to post "norton and seeley told me(or a friend of a friend told me they said) they were in talks to sell the rights to XYZ company", he could be sued....(could affect bargaining positions, final result, etc)

I dont think saying, "i heard something that would benefit the comics value", with out naming a source, or what "it" could be is a sign of trying to show off. He is saying what he "can", and most people get what "it" is/would be.

That was also posted in the revival thread during a huge drama fest and debate on the books value, was it not? It's not like he just interrupted the thread by saying "i know something you dont know, mwhahahahahaha....."

People are paying for a 9.8 service and getting what they pay for. Explain why they deserve 9.9's or 10's? Maybe Dre can start a 9.9 and 10.0 service. Then you will have nothing to whine about.

Sign me up for the 9.9 / 10.0 service :takeit:

People are paying for a 9.8 service and getting what they pay for. Explain why they deserve 9.9's or 10's? Maybe Dre can start a 9.9 and 10.0 service. Then you will have nothing to whine about.

Sign me up for the 9.9 / 10.0 service :takeit:

You're still waiting on the price on that 10.0 - :sorry:

Ever notice how hot book threads, are always the ones that end up being drama magnets?

In other derivative news, the Bedlam Drama Index (BDI) is starting to rise as launch day approaches...

Exactly. All the part-time pimps, slabbers and flippers got to get their piece of the action before the whole thing goes in the tank.

Exactly. All the part-time pimps, slabbers and flippers got to get their piece of the action before the whole thing goes in the tank.

butters-pimp-party.jpg

"Yes, I do believe I know what you are saying."