• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

Well kudos where it is due.

A different boardie (a modest guy so I won't say who in public - happy to via PM) did great for me.

15 copies - at cover price,then fast-tracked.

If you do good by people,I find on here,they are happy to reciprocate.

All copies were excellent btw.

I think out of the 60 something copies I got most seemed to be in good shape. I only had one that looked like a 9.4 or lower in the whole stack. Besides the issues with production that Dre mentioned most of the copies seemed fine to me. Though I was the 1st person to pick up the book on Thursday so maybe some got hammered sitting around at the booth all weekend.

My conundrum: I want to read the entire book, I have in hand a NYCC Bedlam 1 - BUT I don't want to possibly ruin what looks to be 9.8 candidate by reading it...

OH THE CONFLICT!!!

:frustrated:

comics at one time were suppose to be read..

Comixology (thumbs u

But you can't beat reading a book in your hands.

would have liked to see this title at $2.99 instead of $3.50

lol, every penny counts when its x10 :D;)

My conundrum: I want to read the entire book, I have in hand a NYCC Bedlam 1 - BUT I don't want to possibly ruin what looks to be 9.8 candidate by reading it...

OH THE CONFLICT!!!

:frustrated:

comics at one time were suppose to be read..

I agree, but if you are getting the regular 1st as well, might as well wait and read that, and keep the variant as a collectible.

Edited by CBT

C'mon if you can't read a 9.8 without dropping the grade, you either have greasy fingers or a real lack of hand eye coordination. Just read the poor thing lol

It was 100% worth reading (the extra wait) ... the only thing I don't like about reading a comic for condition's sake is that you crack the color in small spots down the spine ... I've not seen a book denied a 9.8 for that reason, but I'm confident you ruin a 9.9 or 10 (not that I routinely secure either).

It was 100% worth reading (the extra wait) ... the only thing I don't like about reading a comic for condition's sake is that you crack the color in small spots down the spine ... I've not seen a book denied a 9.8 for that reason, but I'm confident you ruin a 9.9 or 10 (not that I routinely secure either).

lol CGC does a page count on every book, including books that eventually get graded 9.9 and 10.0. So that spine gets cracked no matter what. But keep on truckin' fine sir!

Well, if my NYCC didn't look like it had been shipped in a poster tube I'd be all over this.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6095146#Post6095146

If anyone needs a Bedlam book for this signing PM me and I can get it to Henn by Friday!!!! BTW, its from a Secret Stash!!!

SOLD OUT!!! I plan on having signed 9.8 copies available for sale!

Edited by PeasOfCrap

Wow, Rich Henn just posted over in Sig announcements that he is taking subs for a Spencer/Rossimo signing on friday. Post office here I come!

Looks like I have to go the post office at the airport tonight. Hope I can get my comics from SF to him in time. :wishluck: