• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

I had books from FP arrive today and as with everyone else, all books in one bag with no board ad a soft cardboard envelope, not even a proper mailer. Books are VF and can't see how they could arrive better when packed in a way which will mean blunted corners. I truely hope they didn't post to the states in the same envelopes but it sounds like they did :(

I'm still after a 3rd eye variant, does anyone else think this was one of the harder covers to get?

I had books from FP arrive today and as with everyone else, all books in one bag with no board ad a soft cardboard envelope, not even a proper mailer. Books are VF and can't see how they could arrive better when packed in a way which will mean blunted corners. I truely hope they didn't post to the states in the same envelopes but it sounds like they did :(

I'm still after a 3rd eye variant, does anyone else think this was one of the harder covers to get?

While I'm paying more foe shipping I'm having a boardie ship me my FP copies so they arrive minty fresh and not the horror stories I heard about how FP ships.

And I don't think 3rd eye was all that hard to get considering they had a presale on ebay.

While I'm paying more foe shipping I'm having a boardie ship me my FP copies so they arrive minty fresh and not the horror stories I heard about how FP ships.

Good idea. Should've thought of that instead of waiting on my FN+ copies to arrive. I'm assuming they shipped them by folding them into an empty bottle and tossing it into the Atlantic with my name/address written on the bottle.

Good idea. Should've thought of that instead of waiting on my FN+ copies to arrive. I'm assuming they shipped them by folding them into an empty bottle and tossing it into the Atlantic with my name/address written on the bottle.

haha

I was in an FP store at the weekend and they have 10% off in selected UK stores until the 10th which is pretty cool.

Some of the stock was pretty beat up, nothing bagged and thumbed through by lots of customers. Every issue of Happy had the back cover rubbed off on the the front cover of the one behind it. Shame, was going to pick up the other variants.

Didn't see any Bedlam going on though. That was just not on the shelves :( Looks pretty dry here in the UK.

So obviously there are a lot of people banking heavily on this comic and betting significant money on it's future strength in the secondary market. The question that has always troubled me about this conclusion is this: Is Bedlam too f'd up a plot to have broad demand that will keep it selling out and drive prices up in the future? I've got a little bit of cash invested in the comics, but nothing crazy, Just a few hundred bucks. My thought is that it's definitely messed up, but that the writers appear to be exploring other subject matters than than the psychopathy of the serial killer (e.g., government, politics, the criminal justice system, etc.), and that while it is definitely an adult comic so is the Walking Dead which had some insanely graphic and disturbing things, themes, etc. happen in it. What's everyone else think?

Couldn't agree more. But I think that's the point of it right, these stories are for adults who are looking for an adult read, not just us comic book hero lovers but also people who love a good story. I see it as the kind of comic I would recommend to someone who has American Psycho on their bookshelf but has never read a comic book in their life.

Having said that a small girls throat getting sliced isnt everyone's cup of tea!

Distasteful to say the least. I deleted this comic book from my Comixology account. It will never be a Walking Dead. At least with Walking Dead you cared about Rick and the other characters which can`t be said for the characters in Bedlam. I expect Bedlam to be a poor man`s Preacher at best. 2c

The "small girl" scene was quite disturbing. But I took it as a "starting with a bang" shock to show how twisted Madder Red was before the present-day story started ... a scene that tells you "all the rules are off" in this series, but not necessarily indicative of what you'll see every single issue.

And I agree, we haven't met characters to relate to, but then again it's just issue #1 and we have hardly met any recurring characters at all so far.

That scene turned me off the book completely as mentioned in the Bedlam thread. I am parting out my books I bought as we speak. I wish others well with it, but I am done with it.

Best quote ever!

Hello everyone,

I was recommended by an eBay member esidiropolis that it may be a good idea to join this forum and provide an update on the Bedlam Detroit variant. For those of you who ordered a book (or few) on ebay from me (52861karen), I just wanted to let you all know that the books were sent today and all of the items sold have been updated with tracking information.

It has been a rough week and I am deeply apologetic on this bad timing of Hurricane Sandy and the effect it has had on myself and more importantly my family that has been dealing with it personally. I apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused to you all as buyers and hope you will be satisfied.

I preordered 25 of the Bedlam book before the show and had 20 books sold on eBay. I tried to send out what in my opinion were the best looking copies that I received when I picked them up. I hope you're all satisfied with your purchases. I did get a chance to have Nick Spencer sign a copy for me and it is listed on eBay under my username 52861karen. I plan to use 50% of the proceeds towards Hurricane Sandy relief.

Thank you all and God Bless, again my apologies if I've caused any inconvenience!

A few quick comments:

(1) Thirds eyes came in... Looking good (4 out of 5). Thanks!

(2) Finally read the book. Yes, the girl scene was not cool, but outside of this I thought the premise rocked. The Madder Red reminds me of the Joker (genius madman).

(3) Art and story were well done (liked the contrast from black and white to color).

(4) HugeRosen goes two-for-two today with the FP bottle comment - (thumbs u

(5) I'll stick around for a bit on this title.

Ryan