• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I was recommended by an eBay member esidiropolis that it may be a good idea to join this forum and provide an update on the Bedlam Detroit variant. For those of you who ordered a book (or few) on ebay from me (52861karen), I just wanted to let you all know that the books were sent today and all of the items sold have been updated with tracking information.

It has been a rough week and I am deeply apologetic on this bad timing of Hurricane Sandy and the effect it has had on myself and more importantly my family that has been dealing with it personally. I apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused to you all as buyers and hope you will be satisfied.

I preordered 25 of the Bedlam book before the show and had 20 books sold on eBay. I tried to send out what in my opinion were the best looking copies that I received when I picked them up. I hope you're all satisfied with your purchases. I did get a chance to have Nick Spencer sign a copy for me and it is listed on eBay under my username 52861karen. I plan to use 50% of the proceeds towards Hurricane Sandy relief.

Thank you all and God Bless, again my apologies if I've caused any inconvenience!

Kind of you to check in and provide the folks here with an update. :foryou: Welcome to the boards, and best wishes for your family.

That was pretty cool that Karen joined the boards just to update people on the shipping date of their Detroit variants. I'm convinced that these Forbidden Planet variants are going to be SUPER tough to find in good shape. If anyone knows were to get one or more copies or has any NM/M copies for sale, please PM me. I know that Larry got some unsigned copies, but I don't know if he has any more and when he sold those (or at least in his solicitation to me) they were NM-.

Geez - give it more than 48 pages and a couple of days before jumping off!

By the sound of it,there aren't any spare copies of the official releases anywhere. Just the store variants.

Geez - give it more than 48 pages and a couple of days before jumping off!

By the sound of it,there aren't any spare copies of the official releases anywhere. Just the store variants.

I can find more Phantom Variants online than the regular cover!!

>>I can find more Phantom Variants online than the regular cover!!<<

SURE for $10+

Most of my retailer reported sell outs.

My shops sales were "silly"

Care to wager if a Phantom #1 will sell for more than a regular in 30 days?

Name the bet.

G head..

I'll be your Huckleberry.

Edited by LarrysComics

SURE for $10+

Name the bet.

G head..

Now I had to watch this again...

Damnnit Larry you are tempting me into spending more dollars!!!

SURE for $10+

Name the bet.

G head..

I'm pretty sure you have a boner when you posted that.

Must be the strain on your prostate lifting the bags of cash.

Love you Larry - :luhv:

Has anyone received any copy without bindery tears? hm

Nope :hi:

And all the regular copies I've seen have white fuzz (of varying degrees) on the spine corners. I'd be curious if there are any with sharp corners.

I am kind of thinking that all these spine issues are a result of the thickness of the book? I believe it is a double size 48 page? Modern Age Comic Manufacturers should take a note from the Silver Age and make spines more like a regular book on double sized comics...

Edited by Colicab