• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

I hate the fact that people are talking about a book being dead, simply because it's not selling as well, or for as much as they would hope.

This book is not dead at all. It has 2 issues that I, and many others have enjoyed, and I for one can't wait for issue 3. Not everything is about money (shrug)

If you only care about this book, in terms of speculation, then you may very well be at a bust, but there are 3 issues being released in less than 2 months so lets see where things are when that's all been said and done.

I really pity how the modern forum has become primarily about speculation and nothing else. :facepalm:

I hate the fact that people are talking about a book being dead, simply because it's not selling as well, or for as much as they would hope.

This book is not dead at all. It has 2 issues that I, and many others have enjoyed, and I for one can't wait for issue 3. Not everything is about money (shrug)

If you only care about this book, in terms of speculation, then you may very well be at a bust, but there are 3 issues being released in less than 2 months so lets see where things are when that's all been said and done.

I really pity how the modern forum has been a primarily about speculation and nothing else. :facepalm:

+1 and if a movie or show came out about this book, all the speculators would say it's the greatest thing since sliced bread :)

I really pity how the modern forum has been a primarily about speculation and nothing else. :facepalm:

That's all I ever see in the modern forum.

Do people even read any of this stuff?

I really can't get over the need for instant gratification, and the extreme lack of patience. Issue 3 isn't even out yet, and everyone is upset because they can't sell their raw #1s for $20 yet. Yeesh. Chill out, enjoy the book, and just sit back and see what happens. Wait until the first arc is completed. Wait until the first trade is available. This series is in its infancy.

Anyone see what's happening with Saga right now? The book has been popular from the beginning, and issue 1 was a $15-$20 book for the last three months, with sets of 1-6 going for $60 or so. All of a sudden, the book goes through the roof and raw #1s are now $50, 1-6 are $100++.

Relax. Give it a chance. I probably have more copies of Bedlam than just about anyone else on here, and I am not in the least bit concerned.

I really can't get over the need for instant gratification, and the extreme lack of patience. Issue 3 isn't even out yet, and everyone is upset because they can't sell their raw #1s for $20 yet. Yeesh. Chill out, enjoy the book, and just sit back and see what happens. Wait until the first arc is completed. Wait until the first trade is available. This series is in its infancy.

Anyone see what's happening with Saga right now? The book has been popular from the beginning, and issue 1 was a $15-$20 book for the last three months, with sets of 1-6 going for $60 or so. All of a sudden, the book goes through the roof and raw #1s are now $50, 1-6 are $100++.

Relax. Give it a chance. I probably have more copies of Bedlam than just about anyone else on here, and I am not in the least bit concerned.

+1

Things change on a dime. Too early (way too early) to tell what's going to happen here. I totally dig the premise and the plot so far. IMHO, I think this series could blow up once the word gets out. Small example, one of my friends who's a comic buff had not even heard of Bedlam... Sent him a copy.... Loved it! I wouldn't write this one off yet.... 2 cent.

Agreed

Its going to become a niche book that will appeal to certain fans. I tried to like it because I like almost all Spencer's done so far, but between the content and the art it just wasnt for me. Maybe the first trade will pull interest back in and develop a strong following. I compare it to that book JJ liked awhile back Severed.

I have quite a few, lol, and i was the VERY FIRST person to ask dre about it, so got one of his two 9.8s of the sketch, which is selling below what i paid for it. Certainly not going to sell out though. I have a subscription on the book, and i think it has potential to do well long term.

Also, http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2012/12/24/best-comic-books-of-2012/1789531/ is what started the recent spike on saga on ebay.

Its going to become a niche book that will appeal to certain fans. I tried to like it because I like almost all Spencer's done so far, but between the content and the art it just wasnt for me. Maybe the first trade will pull interest back in and develop a strong following. I compare it to that book JJ liked awhile back Severed.

But that's my point... You're quoting me as if I care if it's a great success or not? The only reason I want the book to succeed is if it allows the creators to continue producing a great book, or not.

Me, personally I loved it, so I want it to continue, other than that I couldn't care less if it a $4, $10, $20 or $100 book. I will stop reading it when I don't enjoy it anymore and when I don't enjoy it, and therefore don't read it, anymore I will stop posting/reading about it.

But that's my point... You're quoting me as if I care if it's a great success or not? The only reason I want the book to succeed is if it allows the creators to continue producing a great book, or not.

Me, personally I loved it, so I want it to continue, other than that I couldn't care less if it a $4, $10, $20 or $100 book. I will stop reading it when I don't enjoy it anymore and when I don't enjoy it, and therefore don't read it, anymore I will stop posting/reading about it.

Great point. that is why i support the books i do. i want them to keep coming out. Marvel and DC dont need their books to sell to have them continue to come out. they make movies, comics are an afterthought for them.

Edited by ThoseBackPages

Great point. that is why i support the books i do. i want them to keep coming out. Marvel and DC dont need their books to sell to have them continue to come out. they make movies, comics are an afterthought for them.

I agree. Image does a great job and I love their comics even if they never hit the big screen. I used to never be a huge fan of Independents but I'm really loving them now. Speaking of Independent comics, has anyone read previews for Uber from Avatar? Nazi superheroes are a 1st!! lol

Severed :cloud9: