• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

I hate the fact that people are talking about a book being dead, simply because it's not selling as well, or for as much as they would hope.

This book is not dead at all. It has 2 issues that I, and many others have enjoyed, and I for one can't wait for issue 3. Not everything is about money (shrug)

If you only care about this book, in terms of speculation, then you may very well be at a bust, but there are 3 issues being released in less than 2 months so lets see where things are when that's all been said and done.

I really pity how the modern forum has been a primarily about speculation and nothing else. :facepalm:

Its going to become a niche book that will appeal to certain fans. I tried to like it because I like almost all Spencer's done so far, but between the content and the art it just wasnt for me. Maybe the first trade will pull interest back in and develop a strong following. I compare it to that book JJ liked awhile back Severed.

I agree regarding the content of this book. I really thought that it tried way to hard to be different when it felt more like a "joker" story. The comparisons to the Joker aren't a good thing. Bedlam needs to stand alone, it needs to get away from comparisons and stand out for its own reasons.

I also thought it way way too long and drawn out... Too heavy with dialogue for my liking. The variants will only hurt the book for a short time though. Most of the general public couldn't care less if a book has 15 variants or not. They will read it if they are drawn to the story.

TBH Gaz - speculation is how a lot of moderns get their chance.

What would Peter Panzerfausts run have been if not for the support of this forum?

I would hazard a guess that at least 30% of #1's were bought by forum members.

Speculating and enjoying the read don't need to be mutually exclusive.

I couldn't justify buying 100 issues of a rubbish book because it *might* rise in price.

I have to like it as well.

With Bedlam - sure having 100's of raw and slabbed copies - I do have a financial interest.

But I also have issues 1 + 2 which have been read to death and passed on to other people for their enjoyment.

I think 90% of people here like what they speculate in - but with only 1 issue a month, interest soon reverts to $ value - as there is only so much you can discuss about 28 pages of a funny book.

If Bedlam pans - sure I will lose a bit of cash - not much as I pre-bought everything - but a 30% rise in value will be just as interesting as what Madder Red does next.

2c:foryou:

You guys even had me checking Comixology for it lol

It's released on the 9th January

Bedlam Issue #3

Issue 2 was released, November 28th

Bedlam Issue #2

Bedlam is going to have a lot of Momentum at the start of the year with 3 books, planned for release, before March :cloud9:

Issue 4 = 23rd January

Issue 5 = 20th February

That's 3 issues in 7 weeks assuming there are no delays :)

Not sure what happened with the schedule, but no #3 this week. It appears Bedlam #3 (not #4) is now slotted for the 1/23 release. :(

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2012/12/24/best-comic-books-of-2012/1789531/

This USA Today article vaulted Saga even higher. I wonder why Bedlam isn't getting any love. Eh, whatever..I'm along for the ride and I enjoy the story so far. As I said before, its a pleasure to buy a book and not be finished with it in 3-5 minutes.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2012/12/24/best-comic-books-of-2012/1789531/

This USA Today article vaulted Saga even higher. I wonder why Bedlam isn't getting any love. Eh, whatever..I'm along for the ride and I enjoy the story so far. As I said before, its a pleasure to buy a book and not be finished with it in 3-5 minutes.

I actually think it has. Watching it daily for the past month, sales on the bay were down to slightly under cover to just over cover. The past week sales have been $4.50-8.50 which is a small jump from before the article. This may not seem like much but its certainly a spike. When you factor in shipping, some of these guys paid $13+ for their book

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bedlam-1-First-Print-NM-Condition-Image-Nick-Spencer-/170967291904?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item27ce71d800

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bedlam-1-NM-M-1st-print-Nick-Spencer-Rissimo-Sold-Out-Morning-Glories-/190776431285?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2c6b2952b5

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bedlam-1-1st-Print-Image-2012-comics-Nick-Spencer-SOLD-OUT-/261128154449?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3ccc736d51

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BEDLAM-1-IMAGE-COMICS-1ST-PRINT-SOLDOUT-NM-2012-Nick-Spencer-Morning-Glories-/221147705980?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item337d6e327c

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bedlam-1-first-print-NM-will-be-the-biggest-comic-of-2013-Spence-Rossmo-Irving-/271127209617?pt=AU_Books_Comics&hash=item3f2070e691

Give it time guys, its going to get into the $20 range before you know it and then the $40-50 range near the end of the year

Bedlam #3 should be next week

Ah, right you are. The Image link says 1/23 (shrug) but it is listed in the 1/16 releases.

Unless this keeps happening and kills the book. :-(

If this happens, its my curse. Aria>Lady Mechanika>Bedlam doh!

Then I kindly ask you to no longer like Bedlam so that the rest of us can get the books on time :sumo:

You guys even had me checking Comixology for it lol

It's released on the 9th January

Bedlam Issue #3

Issue 2 was released, November 28th

Bedlam Issue #2

Bedlam is going to have a lot of Momentum at the start of the year with 3 books, planned for release, before March :cloud9:

Issue 4 = 23rd January

Issue 5 = 20th February

That's 3 issues in 7 weeks assuming there are no delays :)

Not sure what happened with the schedule, but no #3 this week. It appears Bedlam #3 (not #4) is now slotted for the 1/23 release. :(

How odd, issue 3 is now due when issue 4 was originally due, issue 4 when 5 was due and issue 5 is now scheduled a month later in March :cry:

Yeah, it's puzzling. The timing could have been better for them to miss a month. (Maybe they didn't want the December issue to hit right at Xmas? Not that that stopped other titles...) (shrug)

Just was running through all the variants of bedlam on ebay, current and past sales.

As much as some people have tried to call the book dead, I just wanted to make a few points:

1.) Third Eye Variants, given age of series, and price to buy new, are doing just fine. Easily matching Revival's equivalent.

2.) The NYCC Sketch variants are also tracking pretty even with Revival's sketch variant. The $500 (likely shill) sale so early warped a lot of views and perspectives I think.

3.) Detroit fanfare doesnt have a lot of sales, but it seems like the other "one to own" of the variants.

other notes

-Phantoms are struggling a bit

-NYCC color are the ones struggling the most

-Standard issues are cover, but not falling below.

I think Bedlam is VERY similar to Revival in terms of its progress, and those declaring it Dead are speaking too soon. I personally over paid for my Sketch, but I don't mind, I think it will be the one to own from this series, and i think Third eye is right behind it, with Detroit liking surpassing it if the book ever heats up again, just because of low availability.

My bedlam 2 cents :)

Edited by CBT

I still think the FP 9.8 blue labels will be the most sought after of the variants. Still none on census.

I submitted a couple. Cross your fingers. Should have them back before the end of 2017.