• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

Just got around to opening my package from DF that had Bedlam #1 in it

CGC used the thicker case on this, and the book is just sliding all over the place inside the slab.

My #1 is the same but they managed to get the NYCC variant in the thin case and it sits nicely. Wouldn't they be the same book thickness?

Yes, but some are thick and some are thin. I prefer the thick CGC case on thick books to avoid that 'oily' reflection when plastic presses against plastic. My 2c

True the oily look isn't great, but on your thicker slabs do the books move? My Bedlam 1 moves quite freely...

It's no big deal I guess - not planning on putting it in a backpack and running a marathon.

I guess the concern is that a 9.8 stays a 9.8 and doesn't get dinged with the movement.

The way the inner casing is designed now the corners don't touch anything anyways.

So Madder Red being my favorite new villain of 2012, I was excited to commission another great Image artist's interpretation of the character. Thanks to Court, here's Tyler Jenkins' take on Bedlam:

bedlampinupsmall_zpsa87d5bab.jpg

By the way, he completed this in under a week. I think the fastest comic art commission turnaround I've had previously was close to 2 months.

So Madder Red being my favorite new villain of 2012, I was excited to commission another great Image artist's interpretation of the character. Thanks to Court, here's Tyler Jenkins' take on Bedlam:

bedlampinupsmall_zpsa87d5bab.jpg

By the way, he completed this in under a week. I think the fastest comic art commission turnaround I've had previously was close to 2 months.

thats cool! love seeing Madder Red killing Peter Pan!