• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

To the comments about Riley being the next Tony Moore and unable to meet deadlines that's just wrong.

I've been a fan of his art since PROOF and the word has always been that he's fast. He went from PROOF to CNV to Green Wake to Rebel Blood to Debris to Bedlam to Dia de los Muertos and has been constantly cranking out books.

It may be that he simply wants to create something else and keep doing new things.

I agree that Riley wasn't responsible for the delays, but I also didn't take the Tony Moore comment to imply that, either. I thought it was simply a reference to an artist leaving a popular book after the first story arc. That's it.

Riley has an excellent work ethic, is very reliable, and generally sticks with projects, so...I'm sure Riley had good reason to leave the book.

this is AWESOME news!

This will help you understand:

Nick had a couch out on his front porch to drink beer, smoke & watch NASCAR.

He just replaced the couch.

You can still sit there, drink beer, smoke & watch NASCAR.

Feel better?

OK, so...you are equating Riley Rossmo to Nick Spencer's couch. So, in your mind, Nick Spencer is the be-all, end-all...and Rossmo is a piece of disposable furniture. And this after all your pontificating about how you want to support artists, blah blah blah. NICE.

:golfclap:

Okay guys lets not do any shots fired here. Let's all be nice. This thread is to talk up Bedlam not take shots at each other.

I agree, but when someone takes a shot by equating Riley to Nick Spencer's replaced old couch (wtf?) then I don't see any problem when shots are fired back.

I got a few copies of DIA DE LOS MUERTOS, I read here someone wanted one...mine are pretty cheap...

Is this ok I post this here?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/ranxerox92541/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3686

:facepalm:

lol

Gotta love the noob movement :applause:

Edited by I like pie

I wondered why Nick Spencer was so forthright about Frazer being on the book 'as long as he wants' when some people were asking about Riley doing all the art work including covers. This has obviously been brewing for a while and perhaps in Riley's mind he was only ever committed to a short stint / first arc and Nick was thinking long term, this book was hyped pre release with a lot of extra promotion and press from Image, maybe Riley wanted more exposure so that he could do larger projects, whereas Nick was in it for the love and believes in it's long term viability.

I also loved Riley's artwork but artists sometimes come and go and as long as the book has Nick's storytelling and vision behind it, it can only succeed.

Bedlam rocks, full stop

How can you speculate on the thoughts and motives of Spencer and Riley when you have absolutely nothing to back it up? Truth of the matter: We do not know why Riley quit. I am sure he had good reason, though...You don't typically pick up and leave a book you helped create after only six issues when it is selling 25k copies every month and the original art is selling very well. The money would encourage you to stay.

I wish Riley well, and I look forward to seeing what comes next for him.

I wondered why Nick Spencer was so forthright about Frazer being on the book 'as long as he wants' when some people were asking about Riley doing all the art work including covers. This has obviously been brewing for a while and perhaps in Riley's mind he was only ever committed to a short stint / first arc and Nick was thinking long term, this book was hyped pre release with a lot of extra promotion and press from Image, maybe Riley wanted more exposure so that he could do larger projects, whereas Nick was in it for the love and believes in it's long term viability.

I also loved Riley's artwork but artists sometimes come and go and as long as the book has Nick's storytelling and vision behind it, it can only succeed.

Bedlam rocks, full stop

How can you speculate on the thoughts and motives of Spencer and Riley when you have absolutely nothing to back it up? Truth of the matter: We do not know why Riley quit. I am sure he had good reason, though...You don't typically pick up and leave a book you helped create after only six issues when it is selling 25k copies every month and the original art is selling very well. The money would encourage you to stay.

I wish Riley well, and I look forward to seeing what comes next for him.

As do I, but to ask on a chat board how I can speculate is a little pernickety. We are here to discuss trending matters in comics, which I believe this is one, until we are told definitively why it happened, we are entitled to formulate and speculate ideas and reasons, there is no need to be defensive on their behalf because I too hold them in great regard and wish them no ill will, but until I know the reason, I will speculate as to why it happened - thanks for your input, as is your right