• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

Well, sent my Forbidden Planet unsigned #1 off to be graded yesterday (fast track) hoping to have the first 9.8 on the census, can't believe there's only one qualified 9.6 on it at present :wishluck: ( also included is a Think Tank #1 limited Bagus edition that I have high hopes for, but that's for a different thread lol )

just wanting to check the consensus around here, Is $75 shipped a good price for a #1 9.8 and 2-4 in "NM"? I mean I was able to buy 1-4 at my LCS yesterday for cover and all seemed to be in great shape.

I generally figure for a modern book already CGC'ed at 9.8 is usually about $50 just to start since the cost of...

Finding a 9.8 candidate

packing it up and shipping it securely for submission

all the fee's plus time waiting to get the book back.

I still haven't seen what the print run numbers are like for each issue, but less each of the variants. Does anyone happen to have these numbers?

Edited by Sarfa

just wanting to check the consensus around here, Is $75 shipped a good price for a #1 9.8 and 2-4 in "NM"? I mean I was able to buy 1-4 at my LCS yesterday for cover and all seemed to be in great shape.

I generally figure for a modern book already CGC'ed at 9.8 is usually about $50 just to start since the cost of...

Finding a 9.8 candidate

I still haven't seen what the print run numbers are like for each issue, but less each of the variants. Does anyone happen to have these numbers?

Its an ok price. I think you can still get a slab of #1 by itself for $60(auction)shipped on ebay.

Finding a 9.8 candidate

It's an OK price - I picked up a #1 9.8 for $50.

Mad Max - all 3

Oh and they are making #4 - dunno how Mel is going to get in that leather.

Anybody else picking up 1-4 up at below cover like James Woods picking up another piece of candy on Family Guy?

At that price, who cares about secondary success. I'll gladly be a comic book library to my friends looking for something new and different.

Anybody else picking up 1-4 up at below cover like James Woods picking up another piece of candy on Family Guy?

At that price, who cares about secondary success. I'll gladly be a comic book library to my friends looking for something new and different.

not since they were released. i have a small collection of all the regular issued copies

not since they were released. i have a small collection of all the regular issued copies

I keep finding them for 40-50% off cover here and there. It's hard to resist picking up at least one. I usually hand them out like i did mix-tapes/cd's in college.

I'd be spending that money on coffee, and I need to really stop drinking 5-6 cups a day.

im really looking forward to the new artist

Me to actually.

I'm happy to have received this today though. Bought it for less then it would take to sub it. I'll buy those all day long.

I really dig this book and I hope others will start picking it up soon.

ffd3e16e-df9d-4aed-8771-342a033f8a9e_zps1a66b470.jpg

"You got CHOCOLATE in my PEANUT BUTTER!"

"You got PEANUT BUTTER in my CHOCOLATE!!"

This is, without a doubt, the highlight of my trip to ECCC:

RR_SagaComm_zps3e611210.jpg

Bedlam + Saga RRP = two great tastes that taste great together. :whee:

"You got CHOCOLATE in my PEANUT BUTTER!"

"You got PEANUT BUTTER in my CHOCOLATE!!"

This is, without a doubt, the highlight of my trip to ECCC:

RR_SagaComm_zps3e611210.jpg

Bedlam + Saga RRP = two great tastes that taste great together. :whee:

This is a killer piece!