• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it just me or did the USPS Flat Rate Boxes get......

45 posts in this topic

Smaller! :frustrated:

I have noticed my CGC slabs barely fit anymore in the USPS Fat Rate Boxes. They are now at more risk being damaged via shipment.

Assuming our lovely broke Government Postal Service decided to try to save money by shorting the flat rate box. :eyeroll:

If it fits it ships huh......my arse!

(Hey at least is it not an SOT gas rant. :hi:

John

It's still cheaper to send items in 1092 and 1095 priority boxes if you mind how they're packed. Flat rate is for lazy people who don't know how to weigh their packages and couldn't care less about forwarding that expense on to their buyers.

I will not use flat rate boxes for slabs. Not enough room ever, not just recently. The few times I did use them I scored the flaps to extend the box another half an inch. This enabled the books and packing material to fit properly.

It's still cheaper to send items in 1092 and 1095 priority boxes if you mind how they're packed. Flat rate is for lazy people who don't know how to weigh their packages and couldn't care less about forwarding that expense on to their buyers.

Not west to east. :baiting:

I only use flat rate for east coast states.

Me sending a slab to NJ will cost more using the weighing scale.

1 Slab = 1.87 pounds

2 Slabs= 4 pounds

I will not use flat rate boxes for slabs. Not enough room ever, not just recently. The few times I did use them I scored the flaps to extend the box another half an inch. This enabled the books and packing material to fit properly.

+1

Not west to east. :baiting:

I only use flat rate for east coast states.

Me sending a slab to NJ will cost more using the weighing scale.

1 Slab = 1.87 pounds

2 Slabs= 4 pounds

Check out the regional B, flat rate boxes, they are big enough to double box, but Cal to NY is about $15.

The 1092/1095 Combo for one slab is the cheapest for me to send from FL to Central and East U.S. Anything West of Texas usually jumps up over $10 and then I switch to a Flat Rate. I have a few cases of older Flat Rates that seem to fit fine.

Flat rate is cheaper for more than one slab if it is going to Cali/Oregon/Washington. At least it is from good ol' Ohio.

Yea I like to use flat rate for multiple slabs.

Not no more.

Gooooo Pirates! :hi:

You guys are nuts. You have the least expensive shipping/postal service in the world and you still complain about it.

:facepalm:

Seems expensive to me but hey I don't ship anymore.

Roy is right - USPS shipping is ridiculously cheap compared to any of the European countries, for instance.

It's ridiculously cheap compared to even our own Canadian shipping, internally.

I don't think I can send a package with CGC books across the country for less than $15-20 IRRC with tracking. I can do it "small package air" but that is similar to your media mail - no tracking, no insurance, etc.

I think you guys can do it for half of that with your priority.

It's still cheaper to send items in 1092 and 1095 priority boxes if you mind how they're packed.

A 1092 inside a 1095 is definitely the way to go for slabs.

You guys are nuts. You have the least expensive shipping/postal service in the world and you still complain about it.

Absolutely true. UPS is always at least $3 more anywhere I mail to, I'm a USPS fan - even if their counter people are crusty. The best thing they have ever done was allow me to create postage and drop it off without ever having to look at a postal worker.

I've done my share of USPS shipping and they are generally friendly and helpful. You'll get the odd kook in any line of work.

You guys get free boxes (they'll deliver them to you even), pick up and drop off of mail if it's requested, 2 - 3 days max to ship across the country (diagonally if you want to from Florida to WA) and it's much cheaper than anything else I've seen.

They need to charge you guys more!

:baiting: