• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So.....whatcha' guys think?

5 posts in this topic

Just won a run of 66 comics on e-bay for $20.00. Seller (who didn't want to sell to Canada, but agreed if I would pay freight of $25.00) says it will probably take the comics 4 - 6 weeks to get here.

1) How is he sending it and why would it take 4-6 weeks.

2) If I don't get the comics in 30 days....should I worry enough to contact Paypal?

3) Is $25.00 reasonable....I mean shouldn't it get here quicker if I'm paying $25.00?

...coming from Masachussetts to Winnipeg, Canada. grin.gif

Get Air Mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sumo.gif

For a 15 pound pakage:

Surface: $20.50 4-6 weeks

Air: $27.75 4-7 days (sometimes people in Toronto area get my stuff in 2 or 3 days but I'm from the Buffao area so that's close)

For a mere $7.25 you don't have to wait an extra month for your comics and keep the 30 window open for Paypal if you fear the seller because of low/bad feedback.

And if it's a little lighter:

12 pounds:

Surface: $19.15

Air: $24.45

The difference shrinks as the package becomes lighter.

My 2 cents... flowerred.gif

If it's a 15-20 pound package that's close to exact postage for the USPS's surface rate which carries an estimate of 4-6 weeks.

I sent 54 books (expensive Silver Age) bagged and boarded and double boxed at 13 pounds.

66 books for $20, these must be moderns.

If they are just readers tell the seller to remove 80% of the boards (keep every fifth comic boarded).

This should get the wieght under 15 pounds.