• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spidey 408 variant, sealed bag with Ramones cassette

11 posts in this topic

Ok, so I just discovered this one in my closet. I'm sure somebody's interested!

Amazing Spiderman 408 variant, still in a sealed polybag with the Ramones cassette. (They cover the Spidey theme song, of course.)

Tough book, looks VF/NMish through the polybag. A few light spine ticks look like the most significant issue.

Cheapest BIN on ebay is $350, but I'd rather get in and get out. Take it for $175!

ASM408.jpg

ASM408bc.jpg

:o

Now that's a tough book to people who know what it is. Only 1000 made. Been looking for a NM+ copy for years.

Great book, good price. Very few of these are still sealed and most are damaged from the cassette inside.

Is that a backing board with it? What does it say on the back.

GLWTS

Yep, it comes packaged with a cardboard back. Interesting that they did that.

Here's some more info about the writing on the cassette. The tape is called "Saturday Morning Cartoons' Greatest Hits Sampler." Features the following tracks:

Ramones: "Spider-Man" (That's the good song!)

Matthew Sweet: "Scooby Doo, Where are you?" (Actually, I've heard this version, it's pretty cool.)

Sublime; "Hong Kong Phooey"

Reverend Horton Heat: "Stop that Pigeon" ???

Behind the tape, you can see a coupon for $2 off the full "Saturday Morning Cartoons" album at any long-defunct Camelot Music store. lol (And the coupon expired in '96.)

I concur on the rarity of this book. This "bagged-with-cassette" white cover variant was done with the four main Spider-man titles of the time. The ASM version is probably the toughest to find. (I was lucky enough to find and buy them all at once a few years ago, but shelled out a decent, but fair price.) GLWTS.