• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boards Exclusive Sale: Sook, Davis, Ribic, Colan and Perkins CLOSED

25 posts in this topic

Thread is now Closed.

After a few years of being a lazy *spoon* I have started to develop my gallery on CAF where I will move these and other pages after the 14th of October. Its a work in progress but I will be updating it regularly.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=135997

I intend to continue to use this Board to preview new art for sale, so those of you who frequent here will see things first before they go to CAF.

As for this thread, those pages I will continue to offer for sale will be available soon on my CAF site

Please feel free to contact me through CAF or PM me here anytime with questions or comments.

Many thanks again to everyone.

Cheers,

Robert Cookson

Ryan Sook BPRD Hollow Earth #1 p. 11 $225.00

My personal experience has been that pages from the first 3-issue story arc are scarce. While Mignola-esque, Sook’s art on Hollow Earth is authentically his own. His Liz is wonderful throughout, and the scenes in the Monastery were revisited by Guy Davis in the later King of Fear. Art is in excellent condition and as a bonus there is a preliminary sketch by Sook on the back.

Bprd01p11.jpg

Guy Davis BPRD The Dead #3 p. 23 $175.00

It is interesting to compare Davis’s work from SMT to his increasingly looser and more expressive style on BPRD, which proved perfect for the mix of myth, monsters, and the supernatural which expanded the Hellboy universe. Art is in excellent condition.

bprd3pg023.jpg

Esad Ribic Sub-Mariner The Depths #1 p. 6 $425.00

Esad Ribic Sub-Mariner The Depths #5 p. 20 $425.00

One of my very favourite artists, Ribic seems inspired here by Schuiten’s glorious city-scapes, art deco, futurism and flying machines. Art is in excellent condition.

Namor01p06.jpg

Namor05p20.jpg

Esad Ribic Sub-Mariner The Depths #4 p. 9 SOLD

Masterful display of light and perspective, in The Depths Ribic realized all the close, closed, and claustrophobic isolation of the crew members, while maintaining at the start and finish of the story the remarkable contrasts of open sky and blackest deep, of airships and submarines. Art is in excellent condition.

Namor04p091.jpg

Gene Colan Tomb of Dracula #17 p. 32 $500.00

Dracula, Rachel, transformation and a Werewolf by Night paste-on. The back of the page has 1 piece of tape behind the top left panel and 4 pieces of tape behind the bottom right W-by-N paste-on. In both cases these were obviously used to reinforce cut and paste alterations in the panels. In neither case does the tape detract from the art on the front, which remains visibly complete, and a superior action end page by a Master.

TombOfDracula17p32.jpg

Guy Davis BPRD Black Flame #6 pp. 12, 13 and 14

For sale as a set only: $1200.00

For me Davis's greatest achievements on BPRD were Black Flame and Universal Machine. Here, in the dramatic conclusion to the Black Flame series, the artist's fluid and expressive style fuses together the Flame's crucifixion and Liz's destruction of the monstrous Katha Hem. BF and UM made me believe in comics again. I will not break the set.

BF6pg121.jpg

BF6pg132.jpg

BF6pg141.jpg

Giving myself a friendly :bump:

I will have new artwork in the following weeks, but in the meantime I'm open to offers by PM on any of the pages listed.

Many thanks for looking and I'm always interested in hearing criticism and commentary on the art

Cheers,

Robert

This is just a friendly notice that I will be temporarily closing this thread tomorrow evening, Thursday the 13th, as I will be taking some of these pages to the Montreal Comiccon the 14th through the 16th.

If anyone reading this is planning on attending in Montreal and would like to see these and other pages up close and personal please PM me for more information.

I will reopen this thread with new art at the conclusion of the Montreal show.

Many thanks for looking. :)

Cheers,

Robert

Thread temporarily CLOSED for the weekend of the Montreal Comiccon, will re-open with new art beginning September 18.

(And if you are not going to the Montreal Comiccon, you Should Be! (tsk) )

Esad Ribic Sub-Mariner The Depths #1 p. 9 $425.00

Another spectacular cityscape scene. The bottom left panel is a paste-on. Ribic's faces project great intensity. This page really belongs with the 2 other Sub-Mariner pages above.

Namor01p09_zpsf3db5792.jpg

Esad Ribic Silver Surfer Requiem #4 p. 8 $2250.00

The Surfer returns home to die. Forgive me for saying so but Straczynski and Ribic's tragedy of the last days of the Surfer is the only time I have found the character genuinely real or interesting. Throughout, Ribic's vision of the homeworld is sublime. The scan does not do justice here to the beauty and textures of the trees and hues of the water. Price is firm.

SilverSurfer04p08_zpsb4ca8160.jpg

Esad Ribic Loki #2 p. 4 $750.00

Loki takes his revenge on Sif. "There was ever violence in your words, lady".

Loki02p04_zps7772b7d4.jpg

That's a beautiful page. Tells a story all by itself. GLWTS

Thanks, couldn't agree more. I have been reading and collecting Thor since the late 1970s, then all the back issues, but never before has Loki been more understandable to me than here. Basically Thor and Sif bullied and teased him throughout his youth until he (naturally enough) hated them.

...But now for something completely different....

Mike Perkins The Stand: American Nightmares #4 p. 14 $300.00

Randall Flagg enters your dreams like a thief in the night. "Two soulless red eyes, flickering with a kind of...lunatic glee."

StandAmericanNightmares04p14-300_zps6748a79b.jpg

Mike Perkins The Stand: Hardcases #4 p. 20 $200.00

Mike Perkins The Stand: Hardcases #4 p. 21 $250.00

Mother Abagail is visited by Flagg in wolf's clothing. "Its mouth opened to swallow her...Its breath was that of a living abattoir."

StandHardcases04p20_zpsc8a8bcae.jpg

StandHardcases04p21_zps82f5bd8d.jpg