• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men:Days of Future Past movie confirmed
1 1

2,131 posts in this topic

We should either designate this thread as the place to give your review or opinion or make just ONE thread titled review thread and start notifying mods when people start making their own.

That was insane how many threads got created for ASM 2 and Captain America 2.

We've tried for years. Inevitably someone will start another thread.

We should either designate this thread as the place to give your review or opinion or make just ONE thread titled review thread and start notifying mods when people start making their own.

Everybody can start threads.

It's part of the Bill of Rights:

"Amendment 1: The moderators of this board shall not make any law which infringes on the right of the members to start threads, provided those threads are not started to bash other members, do not violate the board guidelines for posting in general (as opposed to posting in General), are not spam, and that they are posted by members in good standing."

CGC board Bill of Rights

That would be really disruptive if the mods forced all comic book-based movies to be driven into one thread. Especially with all that is coming out in the next few years, then you are going to have friction when people are jockeying for which movie gets mentioned frequently so it doesn't get buried behind other movies.

Not a good idea.

There is a movie message board I'm on too and they are nice and organized.

When word of ASM 2 came up, a single thread was created. All posts and updates about the movie were posted in that thread. When the movie came out, everyone put their review into that thread. A poll is even created to allow users to rate the movie from 1-10. If any threads were created about ASM 2, the mods swiftly combined with the one main thread and all the users heckle that one person about why they feel like they are special enough to have their own thread. Seems to work very well on there, not sure why it wouldn't work well here.

There is a movie message board I'm on too and they are nice and organized.

When word of ASM 2 came up, a single thread was created. All posts and updates about the movie were posted in that thread. When the movie came out, everyone put their review into that thread. A poll is even created to allow users to rate the movie from 1-10. If any threads were created about ASM 2, the mods swiftly combined with the one main thread and all the users heckle that one person about why they feel like they are special enough to have their own thread. Seems to work very well on there, not sure why it wouldn't work well here.

One thread per movie - YES.

One thread for all movies - NO.

I like that forums approach in designing a movie thread.

That would be really disruptive if the mods forced all comic book-based movies to be driven into one thread. Especially with all that is coming out in the next few years, then you are going to have friction when people are jockeying for which movie gets mentioned frequently so it doesn't get buried behind other movies.

Not a good idea.

I misread his post.

I'm ok with one thread per movie. One thread for all movies be complicated.

. Seems to work very well on there, not sure why it wouldn't work well here.

Mainly because this is a different board, with different methods. What exists now has "worked" for well over a decade, with tweeks here and there.

Other than a real ignore function, a better search function, and the split of the Modern section into "Modern" and "New Releases", this board is pretty much where it has settled.

Mainly because this is a different board, with different methods. What exists now has "worked" for well over a decade, with tweeks here and there.

Other than a real ignore function, a better search function, and the split of the Modern section into "Modern" and "New Releases", this board is pretty much where it has settled.

And it doesn't seem bad. It just looks like this could be improved as long as the mods participate.

And it doesn't seem bad. It just looks like this could be improved as long as the mods participate.

This moderation team is best when they don't participate.

This moderation team is best when they don't participate.

Pretty much true of any message board.

Unless we want draconian over-moderation. Is that what we want here?

I thought I post this video since it's something that everyone here should watch :insane:

I agree with everything this guy said lol

Flame shield on :fear:

So it is clear this fellow was going for the shock value in making his point in conveying some of the messaging that is out there whenever comic book-based movie casts are announced. All you have to do to see reality is go to a Ben Affleck early announcement for 'Batman vs. Superman' and read through the extensive cursing and "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..." posts.

The point is still clear for anyone that can see through the noise. If studios make movies for just the hardcore comic collectors, their budgets will have to be slashed just to bring in revenue. It's just not a large enough audience. So they are going for the wider profile of movie viewer. And hopefully, something in the movie sparks their interest in comic reading and even collecting.

I thought I post this video since it's something that everyone here should watch :insane:

So it is clear this fellow was going for the shock value in making his point in conveying some of the messaging that is out there whenever comic book-based movie casts are announced. All you have to do to see reality is go to a Ben Affleck early announcement for 'Batman vs. Superman' and read through the extensive cursing and "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..." posts.

The point is still clear for anyone that can see through the noise. If studios make movies for just the hardcore comic collectors, their budgets will have to be slashed just to bring in revenue. It's just not a large enough audience. So they are going for the wider profile of movie viewer. And hopefully, something in the movie sparks their interest in comic reading and even collecting.

That is a bunch of H'wood speak and BS. How do you know your audience won't like fillet if all they've been fed is shank? The majority of the audience doesn't know any better when it comes to these characters. So giving Spider-Man organic web shooters is going to grab more of the audience how?

I have seen the mods consolidate threads before.

-slym

That is a bunch of H'wood speak and BS. How do you know your audience won't like fillet if all they've been fed is shank? The majority of the audience doesn't know any better when it comes to these characters. So giving Spider-Man organic web shooters is going to grab more of the audience how?

PLEASE start a movie studio. I just want to see once what type movie would meet your standards based on The X-Men. Especially that franchise.

I'd be there, ready to buy a ticket and not wait for the Blu-Ray. Promise!

PLEASE start a movie studio. I just want to see once what type movie would meet your standards based on The X-Men. Especially that franchise.

I'd be there, ready to buy a ticket and not wait for the Blu-Ray. Promise!

Frankly, I would rather see Disney do CG versions, at least this way it would probably be a bit closer to the source and probably because no one takes "cartoons" seriously.

Frankly, I would rather see Disney do CG versions, at least this way it would probably be a bit closer to the source and probably because no one takes "cartoons" seriously.

That's where I thought this was going in the first place with a corporate marriage between Disney, Pixar and Marvel. I was surprised when this didn't happen.

Please don't get my thread pulled :sumo:

For saying Disney should have used Pixar to deliver the early Marvel movies?

:eek:

Lordie, please don't let such insults bring down the Disney lawyers to raid this place. I swear, I own plenty of Marvel movies on DVD and Blu-Ray. Promise!

Please don't get my thread pulled :sumo:

For saying Disney should have used Pixar to deliver the early Marvel movies?

:eek:

Lordie, please don't let such insults bring down the Disney lawyers to raid this place. I swear, I own plenty of Marvel movies on DVD and Blu-Ray. Promise!

lol