• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking dead #1

70 posts in this topic

Has anyone ever considered the fact that it is a LOT of cash for a common book? Or should we just jump on the "what you collect rules and what I collect sucks" tangent again? I dont remember the original poster saying you are all for spending, just that he is astonished (like alot of other people) that a modern is going for an extremely high amount of money for something so readily available.

And the series is a great read, but your effin' nuts to spend 2K on a modern. Im not saying you are collecting krap. I am saying that 2 large is alot of money for a book that is so readily available.

I'd consider it but I'm trying to figure out what book you are referring to that is so common. It can't be WD #1 because there are considerably less copies on the census than AF#15 or FF #1.

People who think it's that common are just assuming because it is a modern book. Try finding it at your LCS...I dare ya. :wishluck:

Jim

Jim you really dont wanna get me started on AF 15 right...

And to further address your "points" you are telling me the average fan who does not collect comics is buying 2k slabs and its good? I would say its a black eye for the hobby, makes it look like a blatant "cash grab" and people will be stuck with really expensive plastic. And the book is common! I dont care about the lcs factor how many are for sale on ebay right now?

So its still not the "what you collect sucks" but how many people get stuck holding the hot potato?

You can buy the original art from the WD books for the same price people are paying for 9.8 early issues. Sillyness abounds but then again isn't that why we are all here?

Link?

I haven't seen any OA from early issues available.

That's the rub, he didn't say from the early issues, and we all know that after issue six, when Rathburn took over, the art took a sharp left at good and went straight into the crapper.

You can buy the original art from the WD books for the same price people are paying for 9.8 early issues. Sillyness abounds but then again isn't that why we are all here?

Link?

I haven't seen any OA from early issues available.

That's the rub, he didn't say from the early issues, and we all know that after issue six, when Rathburn took over, the art took a sharp left at good and went straight into the crapper.

When did Rathburn take over again?

The folks that complain about the craze and price of TWD #1 do not have a copy I would guess......maybe they even want a copy?

I would love to have a copy....in any grade. But I am not financially in the right position to buy a copy. I have the trades and have been collecting since around issue #60 or so. It is a great series and great show as well.