• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My walking dead pre-order nightmare. Featuring ebayer comiconart!!

64 posts in this topic

So I order a set of walking dead 100's. Nothing fancy just the 9 covers including the oh so 90's chromium cover. The dealer I chose was comiconart!!, high feedback, no negatives. The auction was cheap, plus he said he'd throw in a random black and white if he got enough pre-orders (don't laugh yet).

I order, everything is good, a few weeks later I get a message saying he has not one, but six black and whites and he's offering them first come first served. A quick eBay search and there one is. I asked to get on the list and was told they were all spoken for, I then asked about the auction...it was taken down minutes later. After a breif back and forth he assures me the auction came down to assure that he had the one giveaway copy left (laugh now).

Now that I'm almost positive I've pissed him off I went and pre-ordered with someone else and got a b&w. Another week passes and the launch date arrives...I sent a message asking when he was planning on shipping, his answer, after comicon of course. His hundreds of pre-orders have to wait for him to pick up his four con exclusives.

Another week after comicon passes, another message, he assures me he'll ship that weekend. All in all my July 11th released books arrived today, August 4th, taped together in a USPS envelope. Thoroughly destroyed.

Another message asking, why were these shipped so poorly, answer, that's what you paid for. There was no room for bubble wrap.

So I order a set of walking dead 100's. Nothing fancy just the 9 covers including the oh so 90's chromium cover. The dealer I chose was comiconart!!, high feedback, no negatives. The auction was cheap, plus he said he'd throw in a random black and white if he got enough pre-orders (don't laugh yet).

I order, everything is good, a few weeks later I get a message saying he has not one, but six black and whites and he's offering them first come first served. A quick eBay search and there one is. I asked to get on the list and was told they were all spoken for, I then asked about the auction...it was taken down minutes later. After a breif back and forth he assures me the auction came down to assure that he had the one giveaway copy left (laugh now).

Now that I'm almost positive I've pissed him off I went and pre-ordered with someone else and got a b&w. Another week passes and the launch date arrives...I sent a message asking when he was planning on shipping, his answer, after comicon of course. His hundreds of pre-orders have to wait for him to pick up his four con exclusives.

Another week after comicon passes, another message, he assures me he'll ship that weekend. All in all my July 11th released books arrived today, August 4th, taped together in a USPS envelope. Thoroughly destroyed.

Another message asking, why were these shipped so poorly, answer, that's what you paid for. There was no room for bubble wrap.

hm Ebayer and board member.

Shipping comics considered to be "collectible" in a priority envelope is 100% ret@rded every time, no matter how much cardboard is used.

Must have shipped about 5000 comics this way and had good experiences with it with many repeat customers. I've also had people use boxes, and mess that up too. To each their own.