• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dealer Rankings 2012

369 posts in this topic

Bob may not want to comment due to conflict of interest but i will on his behalf as he is as good as they come. He is the exact opposite of every stereotype comic shop dealer. Absolutely PERFECT customer service in every way! You cant possibly go wrong EVER buying from him! (thumbs u

4 of the top 10 surprisingly i guess ive never even done business with. Of the 6 i have done business with, i'd give A+++'s to Clink, Commicconnect, Heritage, Highgradecomics and Mycomicshop. All 5 of them have gone above and beyond helping me out with books i want and need and I would NEVER hesitate to give my money to them.

The 6th is Worldwide comics. I wont rehash the same old thing like in last years thread as i've somewhat gotten over what happened. I will say that Ritter did try to help resolve the problem and was at least courteous and responded to my emails and addressed my concerns over what happened. Because of Ritters more than courteous replies, i will still give them my business.

Matt Nelson on the other hand, i have NOTHING whatsoever positive to say about. To this day(well over a year later!) i still have never received a response to the numerous emails i sent him about my problem with him. The closest i ever got was a condescending post on here to the affect that i didnt send enough emails. I know plenty of people love him but to me he is the definition of whats wrong with this hobby. The day Ritter severs ties with him is the day he will get 10 times as much business from me (thumbs u

Wow How can you say that? That is a very bold statement! I have had a couple of dealings with Matt and talked to him plenty of times and he has always been top notch and willing to answer all my questions. To me Matt is VERY good for the hobby even without his pressing service.
Maybe shilling his Ebay store is good for the hobby? Oh wait that's vacliffs job!

now with the new state of the art I pad mobile catalog which can be used on or off line...they have done it again...leader all the way

Thanks Mitch...and yes, our I-Pad mobile will be up and running shortly (thumbs u

Bob may not want to comment due to conflict of interest but i will on his behalf as he is as good as they come. He is the exact opposite of every stereotype comic shop dealer. Absolutely PERFECT customer service in every way! You cant possibly go wrong EVER buying from him! (thumbs u

4 of the top 10 surprisingly i guess ive never even done business with. Of the 6 i have done business with, i'd give A+++'s to Clink, Commicconnect, Heritage, Highgradecomics and Mycomicshop. All 5 of them have gone above and beyond helping me out with books i want and need and I would NEVER hesitate to give my money to them.

The 6th is Worldwide comics. I wont rehash the same old thing like in last years thread as i've somewhat gotten over what happened. I will say that Ritter did try to help resolve the problem and was at least courteous and responded to my emails and addressed my concerns over what happened. Because of Ritters more than courteous replies, i will still give them my business.

Matt Nelson on the other hand, i have NOTHING whatsoever positive to say about. To this day(well over a year later!) i still have never received a response to the numerous emails i sent him about my problem with him. The closest i ever got was a condescending post on here to the affect that i didnt send enough emails. I know plenty of people love him but to me he is the definition of whats wrong with this hobby. The day Ritter severs ties with him is the day he will get 10 times as much business from me (thumbs u

Wow How can you say that? That is a very bold statement! I have had a couple of dealings with Matt and talked to him plenty of times and he has always been top notch and willing to answer all my questions. To me Matt is VERY good for the hobby even without his pressing service.
Maybe shilling his Ebay store is good for the hobby? Oh wait that's vacliffs job!

Maybe not, but I wouldn't say that Matt Nelson is the definition of what's wrong with the hobby.

now with the new state of the art I pad mobile catalog which can be used on or off line...they have done it again...leader all the way

Thanks Mitch...and yes, our I-Pad mobile will be up and running shortly (thumbs u

I'm gunning for you.

I'm gunning for you.

Bring it.

Brian, excellent report/list. It is obvious you put a lot of consideration into it and the list doesn't have a biased feel to it at all. Something I would like to see from these dealers is more of a Board presence. Perhaps it should even be considered in your criteria. I'm not just talking about sales threads but communication. Another criteria to consider is reporting to GPA. Not reporting to GPA hurts the marketplace. Disclaimer: This is not a statement toward Clink, many dealers do not report to GPA.

Thanks for doing this every year, it is appreciated ! :golfclap:

I'm gunning for you.

Bring it.

The bigger they are...

Brian, excellent report/list. It is obvious you put a lot of consideration into it and the list doesn't have a biased feel to it at all. Something I would like to see from these dealers is more of a Board presence. Perhaps it should even be considered in your criteria. I'm not just talking about sales threads but communication. Another criteria to consider is reporting to GPA. Not reporting to GPA hurts the marketplace. Disclaimer: This is not a statement toward Clink, many dealers do not report to GPA.

Thanks for doing this every year, it is appreciated ! :golfclap:

I've always wondered why Harley doesn't post on these boards. I've heard so much about the man i could probably tell you his favorite color yet i've never spoken to him. Same goes for a couple of others than i haven't dealt with or post here.

Maybe message boards aren't for everyone but i'm sure it would be good for a dealers business. We do have some great dealers here though. Roy, Nick, Bob, Rick to name just a few. It is nice to hear what those guys have to say.

Personally for me after grading and pricing the most important thing is being friendly and "looking after the little guy". It shouldn't matter if your buying a $10 book or a $10k book. Do good for a customer on that $10 sale and they might come back for a $10k book one day.

I've heard Metro's reputation about ignoring people like me but i was really surprised at how helpful Vincent was to me on questions i had before a purchase on what was probably pocket change to him a few years ago. Maybe it's because i'm a board member here, i don't know but it was a pleasant surprise.

I'm gunning for you.

Bring it.

The bigger they are...

...the higher they rank on Foolkiller's list.

I'm gunning for you.

Bring it.

The bigger they are...

I'll be wearing lifts in Chicago.

Platforms need a comeback!

I'm gunning for you.

Bring it.

The bigger they are...

You should have been #1 then right?

I'm gunning for you.

Bring it.

The bigger they are...

You should have been #1 then right?

I am....on my list.

BTW, thanks for including Bedrock City and the kind words. And especially thanks for listing the Cons. We are always looking for ways to improve. And having the things we need to work on spelled out gives us something to shoot for. Our big goal over the last few years has been getting a comprehensive working web-site up and running that integrates our retail and collectibles inventory. Now that that is done, and the stores are doing well, we plan on not only expanding the number of retail outlets, but also expanded our back issue inventory on-line. Maybe that way we can keep giving Roy something to gun for :grin:

Considering that your interaction with me is limited to one book that was misplaced (involving two other parties as well), it's disheartening to hear that you'd label me as what's wrong with this hobby. We all made good on the situation, and I'm sorry you didn't get the response from me that you wanted. I do put a huge amount of effort into making sure everyone I do business with is happy. So if you want to PM me, or post something here, I'll respond to it. Maybe we can bury the hatchet.

Matt

I'm not quite sure what you are talking about since you never EVER bothered to respond to me so how I was "made good" is beyond me???

I was forced to take a refund after about 8 months because you and the other party could no longer be bothered with my time consuming once every two months pms/emails asking for an update. I don't have the book still and there hasn't been an opportunity to replace it as another hasnt come up for sale in the last year. If "mine"( I know none of you consider it mine since I was forced to take a refund) was ever found it certainly was never offered to me.

Everyone who knows me here in the slightest knows how much my books and especially my Pedigree Avengers means to me so yes I am and have taken everything that happened to strongly. To my knowledge though, for all intents and purposes nothing has been done to find that book and get it to me. These aren't books I buy and flip. These are books I share with my son to hopefully make sure he loves this hobby as much as I do when he grows up and helps to keep it alive and strong. The fact that now 19 months after my Measly $170 book was misplaced no one has cared enough to make a decent effort to Find it for me is VERY disturbing to me.

I would love to bury the hatchet with you and everyone involved. This whole freaking thing has made me enemies with the one person I respected most on here. So tell me, in the 8 months from December 2010 to July 2011 when I was forced to accept a refund on the book, what exactly did you do and how much time did you spend tryig to find this book that I made VERY clear to you meant a hell of a lot more to me than It's value?

I'm going off of an old memory here, but I think I have the details right. The book was mailed to WWC by accident by Jeff, along with a large group of other books that we had bought. Some of those books were sent to Classics Inc., but it was never clear whether that book was sent as well. So we searched all through the Classics office and the WWC office, but never found it. Compared to the enormous inventory at WWC, Classics carries a much smaller number of books, and everything is stickered, so I was able to check the inventory there fairly quickly. Our guess was that it was still at WWC. But it never turned up. Still to this day. It must be somewhere, and maybe one day we will find it (and if we do, you'll be the first person we call).

I understand how frustrating it is to lose a book that you feel is irreplaceable, and all three of us are sorry that it happened to you. Hopefully you can chalk it up as an honest mistake and not take it personally. I certainly don't hold any grudge against you for your negative posts that have targeted me about this situation.

I am....on my list.

BTW, thanks for including Bedrock City and the kind words. And especially thanks for listing the Cons. We are always looking for ways to improve. And having the things we need to work on spelled out gives us something to shoot for. Our big goal over the last few years has been getting a comprehensive working web-site up and running that integrates our retail and collectibles inventory. Now that that is done, and the stores are doing well, we plan on not only expanding the number of retail outlets, but also expanded our back issue inventory on-line. Maybe that way we can keep giving Roy something to gun for :grin:

I will make it my mission to give you all the negative feedback you require.

I am....on my list.

And I, you.

How long ago did your mission start?

Maybe that way we can keep giving Roy something to gun for :grin:

Thou hast wounded me so. :cry:

:foryou:

As the Saint of Killers states in Preacher - You need more gun.

Now you're conspiring against me. I feel a Shakespearean plot developing.

lol