• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #509 Two Different Colored Covers?

11 posts in this topic

Amazing Spider-Man #509's cover, beneath the "direct edition" box I noticed the color of the street on two issues was dark greyish but on another two issues the street color was defintely a bluish/green. Anyone heard anything about this?

CRC

I've been noticing it too on plenty of Marvel new books' covers...there is a definite difference, but it just seems to be the intensity of the colors, much like when one is faded, but is it significant enough to consider a variant? I don't think so; the distribution seems to be 1:1 ; one "full colored" copy to one "slightly faded copy confused-smiley-013.gif

I've been noticing it too on plenty of Marvel new books' covers...there is a definite difference, but it just seems to be the intensity of the colors, much like when one is faded, but is it significant enough to consider a variant? I don't think so; the distribution seems to be 1:1 ; one "full colored" copy to one "slightly faded copy

I have exactely a 1:1 ratio myself but even more bizarre is the issues alternate "full colored" then "slightly faded"/"full colored"/"slightly faded" all the way through the stack?

CRC

I've been noticing it too on plenty of Marvel new books' covers...there is a definite difference, but it just seems to be the intensity of the colors, much like when one is faded, but is it significant enough to consider a variant? I don't think so; the distribution seems to be 1:1 ; one "full colored" copy to one "slightly faded copy

I have exactely a 1:1 ratio myself but even more bizarre is the issues alternate "full colored" then "slightly faded"/"full colored"/"slightly faded" all the way through the stack?

CRC

Weird huh? That is how they are up on my LCS's shelves confused-smiley-013.gif

Weird huh? That is how they are up on my LCS's shelves confused-smiley-013.gif

It's an obvious ploy by Marvel to insure that drooling, overly-anal fanboys buy both copies, thereby inflating sales totals even above current CGC speculating levels.

I usually put myself on that level but this slight of a difference, and even I am staying away. I mean, how would you describe that in an auction, the slightly less colored/faded variant? Not too appealing 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It's an obvious ploy by Marvel to insure that drooling, overly-anal fanboys buy both copies, thereby inflating sales totals even above current CGC speculating levels.

Not sure about that. If it were a ploy to get peole to buy more, Marvel would have hyped the fact that a variant was available.

Not sure about that. If it were a ploy to get peole to buy more, Marvel would have hyped the fact that a variant was available.

They have to give it time to sink in, and then Wizard can produce a "Hidden Marvel Variant" issue and create a real stir on EBay.

I give them 6 months.