• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Early ASM Complete Book - got chewed up by dog?

72 posts in this topic

Hey Sharkey thats a great pic. I cant get over the size of that pooch! What kind of dog is that? I myself have a 10 month old rescue lab mix named Liya. She is also a big Biz fan! =)

Thanks! He's a great dane - he probably looks funny because his ears are natural and not cropped. He's a big dude - weighs 185 pounds. :tonofbricks:

Congrats on your rescue pup - and she has good taste (no pun intended) in art! lol

someone mentioned that the ASM 8 Cover was destroyed in a fire?

Anyone any info on that story?

Seem to recall reading it might have been Bill Pearson?

And who would Bill Pearson be ?

William Pearson (b. July 27, 1938), known professionally as Bill Pearson, is an American novelist, publisher, editor, artist, comic book scripter and letterer, notable as the editor-publisher of his own graphic story publication, witzend.

. . . and when you're not pretending to be Galactus, who are you?

Just an average nobody by the name of Spiro, who loves art and comics and values his anonymity.

Well, if you haven't got the strength of character to stand behind what you say - by way of saying who you are, and what you believe in - I haven't got the time of day talking any further with you.

Just an average nobody by the name of Spiro, who loves art and comics and values his anonymity.

Well, if you haven't got the strength of character to stand behind what you say - by way of saying who you are, and what you believe in - I haven't got the time of day talking any further with you.

You must be getting me confused, as all i posted was "and who is Bill Pearson". Don't know where you are getting the whole strength of character and what you believe in, issue from? Additionally i have no issue with dealing with my anonymity via pm if you want, but i refuse to be rail roaded into giving out my personal details to anyone just because they do so on a public forum and therefore believe everyone else should also..

See your PM for further details.

You must be getting me confused, as all i posted was "and who is Bill Pearson". Don't know where you are getting the whole strength of character and what you believe in, issue from? Additionally i have no issue with dealing with my anonymity via pm if you want, but i refuse to be rail roaded into giving out my personal details to anyone just because they do so on a public forum and therefore believe everyone else should also..

See your PM for further details.

Thanks for the PM, I'll respond here.

You're someone who values your anonymity, yet don't have a problem wanting to know details about Bill Pearson.

Seemed like double standards were at play here.

Not trying to railroad you into anything.

Just highlighting the obvious to you (double standards) and saying that I prefer to communicate with someone that I can actually relate to.

You want to remain an anonymous poster, that's entirely your business.

And it's entirely my business if I choose not to take you seriously. Never been a fan of collectors wanting to join-in a forum and not having a proper I.D.

You can have last word on this, as I will ignore the future words of the mighty Galactus.

You're someone who values your anonymity, yet don't have a problem wanting to know details about Bill Pearson.

Just highlighting the obvious to you (double standards) and saying that I prefer to communicate with someone that I can actually relate to.

And it's entirely my business if I choose not to take you seriously. Never been a fan of collectors wanting to join-in a forum and not having a proper I.D.

You can have last word on this, as I will ignore the future words of the mighty Galactus.

Terry i think you obviously have a bee in your bonnet, as i do not see the majority of the people on the boards having their id being their actual name, and yet they will sometimes ask questions regarding other people. I asked who Bill Pearson was, as i thought he might be someone of note who i just happened not to be aware of. If you happen to think that is double standards, then i think you should go over to the gold section and start telling pretty much most newbies who ask "who the dentist is" to tell you their real names and details, or better yet everytime someone on this board asks "who is Tom Brulato" to tell you their name. Get real and please get off your high horse.

Most people on this forum get to know each others details through transactions over time, as well as friendly banter or get togethers. As i have bought and sold to boardies, there are people on here who know who i am and others that do not. If i ever post anything that requires me to corroborate the post with my details then i will do so, until then i will remain under my board name of Galactus.

Lastly I don't want or need you to take me seriously, but i find it ironic that you are not a fan of posters on public forums who do not have proper ID's, and yet you contine to not only post on this forum, which has a majority of ID's as aliases, but converse with most of the others who like me do not have their names as their ID's. But hey, dont worry about it and please, please, do put me on ignore.

Terry i think you obviously have a bee in your bonnet, as i do not see the majority of the people on the boards having their id being their actual name, and yet they will sometimes ask questions regarding other people. I asked who Bill Pearson was, as i thought he might be someone of note who i just happened not to be aware of. If you happen to think that is double standards, then i think you should go over to the gold section and start telling pretty much most newbies who ask "who the dentist is" to tell you their real names and details, or better yet everytime someone on this board asks "who is Tom Brulato" to tell you their name. Get real and please get off your high horse.

Most people on this forum get to know each others details through transactions over time, as well as friendly banter or get togethers. As i have bought and sold to boardies, there are people on here who know who i am and others that do not. If i ever post anything that requires me to corroborate the post with my details then i will do so, until then i will remain under my board name of Galactus.

Lastly I don't want or need you to take me seriously, but i find it ironic that you are not a fan of posters on public forums who do not have proper ID's, and yet you contine to not only post on this forum, which has a majority of ID's as aliases, but converse with most of the others who like me do not have their names as their ID's. But hey, dont worry about it and please, please, do put me on ignore.

Galactus is one of the best board members I've ever had the pleasure of working a deal with. He doesn't deserve to have his credibility questioned, especially for what looks like no reason at all.

Terry, if you don't like the anonymity of the internet, then you shouldn't be posting on public forums. It's that simple.

FYI, Bill Pearson is not a household name...

Galactus is one of the best board members I've ever had the pleasure of working a deal with. He doesn't deserve to have his credibility questioned, especially for what looks like no reason at all.

Terry, if you don't like the anonymity of the internet, then you shouldn't be posting on public forums. It's that simple.

FYI, Bill Pearson is not a household name...

Good for you. :golfclap:

And you are . . . Boboset????(shrug)

Jeez, I've now got 'Boboset' (whoever/whatever that is) telling me that 'Galactus' is one of the best boardies he's ever known . . . lol

Look, Boboset, let me explain it to you this way . . .

If someone wants to engage me in conversation, I think it's a matter of etiquette wanting to know a little bit about who it is I'm supposed to be conversing with. Otherwise the conversation becomes terribly one-sided.

Especially if they're so interested in asking questions about someone else and are expecting me to take the time and trouble to provide the requested information.

And not everyone who posts here does so anonymously.

Many posters (within the OA forum), whose avatars are not their real names, usually have a link to a CAF gallery that does provide a proper ID. At one time my avatar was 'Mr Trent' (the lead character in a Harlan Ellison OL teleplay), but the link to my CAF provided the necessary identification information.

I don't have a problem identifying myself and providing a link to my OA collection.

Therefore I can better relate to, have more in common with (and respect for) like-minded collectors who can stand up and be counted. Effectively saying . . .

"This is who I am, this is what I'm about and these are my interests."

It's usually a good way of breaking the ice.

I mean, if I'm in a bar and someone wants to strike up a conversation with me, introductions are normally the order of the day. "Hi, my name's so-and-so (shake hands), pleased to meet you."

Why the need for all this anonymity . . . it doesn't serve any real purpose?

Look, if you don't mind, I'd rather not waste any more of my time with this pointless series of exchanges. I know what a brick wall is, and I'm not about to bang my head against one.

If you want to remain nameless nobodies, so be it. That's your call.

And it's my call if I choose not to take you too seriously.

Really, this is no biggie to me, which is why I let the mighty Galactus have the last word. :whatev:

Maybe your buddy would be better off renaming himself 'Greta Garbo' (though the joke's probably lost on the both of you)? hm

Oh, and for your information Bill Pearson has noteable credentials (within the history of our hobby), if you'd only bother to do a little research.

Excellent post and very true. Nothing more obnoxious that seeing people who jump all over another person for asking a question.

The names people choose can be more revealing that their actual name but people's Posts are the most revealing of all. The name Terry Doyle means nothing to me but the posts in this thread and his interesting choice of avatar suggest he is an aggressive person who likes to pick fights for no reason.

Awesome art Terry, have often admired your gallery, especially love the Adams cover and Frontline Combat.