• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"TYBEANSTY Collection " Care To Guess?

42 posts in this topic

I am pretty sure some or alot of you remember Ebay seller Tybeansty from a while back...

Of course i remember him... Never got my books and lost all my money in the purchase mad.gif

That blows big time!

Darth,

I'm pretty sure Niko is not going to send this book in to CGC if he thought it was an 8.5!!! wink.gif

And, I believe he's sent enough books in to know better. 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

I'm with Darth,..I see a major stress mark an inch above the bottom staple,...and I don't care how many books you send in to CGC,...no one is infallible when it come s to missing stuff that would turn a 9.4 into an 8.5

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay wrong! 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Darth,

I'm pretty sure Niko is not going to send this book in to CGC if he thought it was an 8.5!!! wink.gif

And, I believe he's sent enough books in to know better. 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

I'm with Darth,..I see a major stress mark an inch above the bottom staple,...and I don't care how many books you send in to CGC,...no one is infallible when it come s to missing stuff that would turn a 9.4 into an 8.5

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay wrong! 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

WoW!!,..you must be a very talented grader then,...to have never gotten anything less than a 9.4 back,....I should send all my books to you for pre-screening...

You are the Master Grader Diva,..it's clearly evident from this 9.4 Captain America you have up for sale,...with the 7 spine stress marks and rounded corners,..I'm sure this would come back at least a 9.6,..you sell yourself short bud....

link

cap 175

Not sure how much of a knock CGC will give you for the printer's crease

Either greggy or delekkerste, can't remember which, sold a CGC 9.8 to a forum member that had a printer's crease from one edge of the book all the way to the other. They just don't seem to downgrade for it at all below the 9.9 level...I don't understand it 893naughty-thumb.gif

You are the Master Grader Diva,..it's clearly evident from this 9.4 Captain America you have up for sale,...with the 7 spine stress marks and rounded corners,..I'm sure this would come back at least a 9.6,..you sell yourself short bud....

cap 175

Been there done that:

The Whole Story

You're the one with the short fuse . . . insane.gif27_laughing.gif

I like FFB would take off more for the printer's crease. I would much prefer the 9.4 without a printer's crease.

I agree, I had this book graded 9.0/9.2 tops, without the crease I think it had a good shot at a 9.4

Darth,

Thanks and now that I think about it I should have given nikos a bit more credit. Shows you my lack of value knowledge in this area (bronze/silver Caps?)

To me, it did look like an 8.5. Remember that it is a scan and maybe some defects I tend to deduct more for than CGC would; I should have made that adjustment 893frustrated.gif But CGC has proved me wrong...it wouldn't be the first or last time confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm just glad this thread has turned out to be such a happy one tongue.gif

Darth,

problem here is that scans can be misleading and I should have asked nikos first about any doubts, but thanks for sticking with me! thumbsup2.gif You my Beeyatch! tongue.gif