• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Auctions and the Stickers posted by Silverage Collector

8 posts in this topic

I love getting CGC books but don't like the stickers.

Well, this is my first journal entry. Yesterday I received 11 CGC books that I won at a ComicLink auction. I'm always excited to get my purchases even though I know exactly what's coming. I thought "Oh wow, 11 new books for my collection!" Then I remembered that I would have to remove 11 Comiclink stickers from my CGC cases. I'm not sure how others feel about this, but I like my CGC cases free from dealer stickers. I'm not sure what adhesives the ComicLink stickers use, but ALL of it seems to get left on the case when you peel off the sticker.

In this case masking tape is your friend. Just tear off a strip and fold it into a circle with the sticky side facing out. Place your fingers in it and start sticking it to the old adhesive. It will start to pull it right off. Repeat as necessary. Hope this helps others.

See more journals by Silverage Collector

I have tried GooGone as well and it damaged my slab. I personally cannot stand GooGone and prefer to use lighter fluid myself, very effective but evaporates quickly so no chemicals stay on the slab for any extended period of time.

I've been very dissatisfied with Comiclink. Between old generation searches on the site, those darn stickers, and multiple orders not fufilled because "item is no longer available", I won't deal with them if possible.

Those stickers... I also started asking eBay sellers if they have a scan of the back of the slab or can guarantee it's sticker free...