• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Daily Grade: Incredible Hulk #181

47 posts in this topic

From the outside it looks in 7.5 territory, but if the "tanning" on the back cover is noticeable on the inside cover and pages, then it'll definitely get knocked down to a 6.X.

From the outside it looks in 7.5 territory, but if the "tanning" on the back cover is noticeable on the inside cover and pages, then it'll definitely get knocked down to a 6.X.

The tanning is limited to the back cover (i.e., not the inside covers) but there is light tanning on the edges of the interior pages - the classic "cream to off-white" designation. wink.gif

Don't worry, you'll be proven wrong when you submit that book to CGC.

Brian

"What, me worry?"

(couldn't resist - I've never had a chance to actually quote Alfred E. Newman before. 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Brian

"What, me worry?"

(couldn't resist - I've never had a chance to actually quote Alfred E. Newman before. 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Gentlemen (ahem) - I received the grade on this book by telephone today. Perhaps you should review your respective comments before reading any further? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

"Hulk #181 9.2 Cream to Off-White Pages" acclaim.gif

Once again proof that, "One in the hand, is worth two in the bush . . ." (unless we're talking s e x) 27_laughing.gif

p.s. to Murph: IN YOUR FACE!

I dont care what the CGC said this book is. The URC being blunted takes it out of a 9.2 let alone a 9.0 This has too be one of the worst grading jobs I have seen the CGC do. Glad for you, but no way this book is a 9.2 I would be some miffed if I bought a book graded at 9.2 that looked like that.

Wow, you got an overgraded book.. Congratulations!

Brian

I think his point was that he said that it was an 8.0, and you implied that you were grading it at 7.5 or lower. You said "no way it is an 8.0, let alone above that." While I agree that the book appears to have been overgraded, David was clearly right that the book was at least an 8.0.

In your face, Murph! stooges.gifflowerred.gif

9.2? I must have some 9.8 silver age in my collection then!

I'm sorry, but that is a real gift of a grade. No slam on you Diva, just... wow!

I wish I could win the lotto!

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Brian

"What, me worry?"

Gentlemen (ahem) - I received the grade on this book by telephone today. Perhaps you should review your respective comments before reading any further? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

"Hulk #181 9.2 Cream to Off-White Pages" acclaim.gif

Once again proof that, "One in the hand, is worth two in the bush . . ." (unless we're talking s e x) 27_laughing.gif

p.s. to Murph: IN YOUR FACE!

WTF? 893censored-thumb.gif

There are two creases/damage areas.

Down the hulk's knee in the logo in the TRC and also on the spine by Wendingo's elbow!

9.2 my ars! 893frustrated.gif

Ok CGC graders that read this forum. Explain this grading too us, enlighten us as too the grading standards you use. Plitch, SB??? Surely one of you guy's will try too defend this horrible grading. Diva didnt do one thing wrong, but the CGC sure did. The money difference between what this book truly should be graded at and what it is, isnt exactly chicken feed..... Time too have a conference at CGC HQ, todays class is How to properly grade a book 101..... followed by Eye Exam's are down the hall, second door on the right!!!

I graded this before looking at the responses below because I didn't want to infleunce my decision. I'm happy for you that you got a high grade but I'm sorry if this is a 9.2 I'm sending in all by back issues today. There are just way too many defects for it to be up in that range, especially with the spine stresses. Now is a good time to throw it on EBay and sell it.

Diva had better put the "Due too third party grading, no refunds". I know he isnt out too screw anyone over, dosent seem too be that type. He actually collects and cares about these book's. But without that statement, I can see it being sent back, asking for a full refund.

Diva had better put the "Due too third party grading, no refunds". I know he isnt out too screw anyone over, dosent seem too be that type. He actually collects and cares about these book's. But without that statement, I can see it being sent back, asking for a full refund.

Don't you think its standard to put "no refunds for CGC books?". Why get caught up in a debate over what people might think it really grades at when its already slabbed? Diva's reputation should not have to suffer (nor is he responsible) if we think its overgraded? Maybe he should just quote the grader's notes and leave it at that. Can't ask for much more.

I do want to thank you for the update though. I sent in some books today (that I plan to sell) that I had been waiting to send in. After seeing that grade, I now know they must be going through a soft phase so I'm going to go ahead and mail them in now. Thanks

Brian

Actually, No, I dont think it should be a standard, no returns due too third party grading. This third party is supposed too be a unbiased, professional grading company. Why is it everyone who has a slabbed book wants every single penny out of there book, with no return.. A properly graded raw 9.0 is the same as a properly graded slabbed 9.0 Your paying for the restoration check??? Or the nice plastic holder it comes in?? We have seen how even a professional company can mis-grade book's, just like anyone else can.