• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Daily Grade: Incredible Hulk #181

47 posts in this topic

Try again, grading whiz

Blunted UL corner

7 spine stress lines

uneven appearance on both sides of the book

damage UL about one inch from the left margin of the top of cover

so am I supposed to give this comic book what I think the average eBayer would try to sell this as? OK the avg. Seller would be so enamoured with this comic he would say VF 8.0.

And I am going fast here as evidenced by the short amounts of time in between posts.

CAL

Diva had better put the "Due too third party grading, no refunds". I know he isnt out too screw anyone over, dosent seem too be that type. He actually collects and cares about these book's. But without that statement, I can see it being sent back, asking for a full refund.

Don't you think its standard to put "no refunds for CGC books?". Why get caught up in a debate over what people might think it really grades at when its already slabbed? Diva's reputation should not have to suffer (nor is he responsible) if we think its overgraded? Maybe he should just quote the grader's notes and leave it at that. Can't ask for much more.

I accept returns on ALL books! acclaim.gif Only had one problem and I gave in way too easily.

Divad,

This is the same 181 FFB and I graded at his house, right? Do you remember what I graded it as over there? I seem to remember calling it an 8.5 or 9.0 but I'm not sure...

Jimm, yes it is, and as I recall, we collectively graded it "no way less than an 8.5, and possibly a 9.0" hi.gif And we were ALL disappointed in the page color, although supple, it was clearly cream to off-white. A clear case of the book in hand looks much better than its scans.

(p.s. It's not like I have dozens of them) insane.gif

Divad,

This is the same 181 FFB and I graded at his house, right? Do you remember what I graded it as over there? I seem to remember calling it an 8.5 or 9.0 but I'm not sure...

Jimm, yes it is, and as I recall, we collectively graded it "no way less than an 8.5, and possibly a 9.0" hi.gif And we were ALL disappointed in the page color, although supple, it was clearly cream to off-white. A clear case of the book in hand looks much better than its scans.

(p.s. It's not like I have dozens of them) insane.gif

Ah yes, now I remember the book. It looks WAY better in person than in the scan. Especially the URC.