• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chicago Comic Con post your sketches here

145 posts in this topic

It's been a busy day so far. Dropped off all th sketches people asked me to get done for them. Submitted some silver age books I had pressed for onsite grading. Should have several more covers to post on Saturday once people start to get them finished.

I was supposed to have a Jon Hughes X 23 to pick up, however Jon didn't bring his colors. Apparently in his rush to get to the show he forgot them. So he is only doing inks this weekend. He said he would do it for me before NYC.

Clay Man is working on a 11x17 X 23 that should be done Saturday. Also I saw ebas while he was wandering around looking for his booth. He isn't on the program and I didn't find him in the afternoon when I went looking. So if anyone knows what booth he is at I would appreciate the heads up.

I was there today too - always like going on Thursday, pretty quiet and if you get there early you can get high up on the lists and actually interact with some of the artists, which is pretty awesome.

Spent most of the time chatting with Sayger who's always entertaining to talk to - it's pretty funny, Sayger, Blair, McKone were all singing Adonis' praises for the ops and they all hope to do more in the future which is sweet. Tommy Castillo is also a great guy to chat with, and I didn't realize how good the guy is before spending an hour or so with him today. Usually when I do get to go to one of these, I try to get one sketch from someone I don't know much about and is a smaller local artist - this time I think it worked out pretty well, Craig Cermak did an awesome job on Venom despite him primarily being more DC-focused.

Anyway here we go, at CGC and I should get them back pretty soon at which point I'll put up proper scans. All of these were taken with my phone before I handed them in (thus not great quality). Plus these were same-day pickups so actually did OK I think.

Going to put them in as links so they don't crowd the page.