• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shipping Cost

15 posts in this topic

7 books in a flat rate envelope will be $17ish but they won't arrive in 'as described shape.' Too many chances and too much time to 'hope' they don't get bent. If they are good books, always box!

The funny thing is I took the books in a small box and they said i could slip the box in the envelope and make it fit. Maybe your local post office will let you do this?

The funny thing is I took the books in a small box and they said i could slip the box in the envelope and make it fit. Maybe your local post office will let you do this?

'If it fits, it ships' is their motto. I've heard and seen others mention that the Flat Rate envelope is handled with more care than a box. That is not the case if it is as rigid as a box. If they can't bend it, they throw it in w/ the boxes. If a few inches of your envelope is sticking out the side of a stack of boxes and they drop a 40lb box on that part sticking out, kiss those comics goodbye. (It has happened to me both as a buyer and seller in the past. Both times there was plenty of good cardboard 'protecting' them.)

7 books in a flat rate envelope will be $17ish but they won't arrive in 'as described shape.' Too many chances and too much time to 'hope' they don't get bent. If they are good books, always box!

Truer words have never been spoken.

Truer words have never been spoken.

7 books in a flat rate will get there fine. Put 2 each in a SA bag and board. Enclose them in other SA bag 2 per bag. Then use packing tape.(The tape only goes on the outside SA bags. Tape the extra SA bag down to the cardboard. Make sure you tape it good enough they wont move. Close the sandwich with another piece of cardboard.. Add more cardboard and continue. Used flat rate boxes work great too as cut cardboard.

By the time you are done you should have at least 4-6 good pieces of cardboard protecting the books. The only downside to a flat rate is it has less cushion space for the corners of the books and is susceptable for corner damage. For lower price books the only other reasonable shipping option is 1st class and good luck tracking and hoping it gets there and doesnt get lost. I only do 1st class to Canada. As mentioned above higher price books box, but alot of times buyers just wont pay the additional cost.