• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

any idea why my Avengers 4 says reprint on the CGC label?

35 posts in this topic

I just asked CGC the same question but thought I would ask you guys also to make sure I am correct in my thinking that this is not a reprint.

"It is my understanding that UK versions of Silver Age books such as Avengers 1 and 4 came from the same print run with the pence symbol added and the cent symbol and date removed. Therefore they are the same print run just a UK version and not a reprint.

As you can see below CGC labeled my Avengers 4 as a UK edition but also added reprint to the label. I was wondering why reprint was added to the label since it is not on the copy of Avengers 1 that I have nor is it located on the other copies of Avengers 4 that I have found doing a quick internet search.

Below are pictures of my Avengers 4 label as well as a picture of an Avengers 4 UK edition taken from the Heritage website. Notice how the Heritage version does not say reprint.

8B4A5A83-6A9E-4D46-8971-9A006EBD3D22-623-000000C0D17F105D.jpgC4E00358-F703-470C-84D4-5BE266482D4E-623-000000C0D581C144.jpgFB24E193-05E0-4A29-A9E8-0554444858FE-623-000000C0DE6033C4.jpg8CD2A862-FDC8-4B6C-984D-10CE435E028C-623-000000C119F12FDA.jpg

Heritage

lf.jpg

Would sending my book back in for a reholder at future show fix this labeling mistake or is this now a common label for any UK book?

Thanks,

Doug"

It is my understanding that UK versions of Silver Age books such as Avengers 1 and 4 came from the same print run with the pence symbol added and the cent symbol and date removed. Therefore they are the same print run just a UK version and not a reprint.

This would be my understanding also. hm

When CGC is in the wrong on these mis-labeled holders do they give any credit?

I'm assuming they dont charge for the fix, but poor dscott her is still eating two way shipping, and living w/o his book twice as long now...

Yeah, thats annoying!

Hey, look on the bright side, at least you dont have my incredible shrinking Avengers 4! Started as a 9.2, on a resub last year dropped to 9.0 and i just found out to day that resub #2 netted me a , wait for it.........., wait for it........... 8.5!!! meh

Yay for me!!! :eyeroll:

Yeah, thats annoying!

Hey, look on the bright side, at least you dont have my incredible shrinking Avengers 4! Started as a 9.2, on a resub last year dropped to 9.0 and i just found out to day that resub #2 netted me a , wait for it.........., wait for it........... 8.5!!! meh

Oooooooooo NOOOOOOOOO. See you in about three months? (shrug)lol

Yeah, thats annoying!

Oooooooooo NOOOOOOOOO. See you in about three months? (shrug)lol

You wish brother! :baiting:

I'm over it at this point. I literally just started laughing when i got the call. It's actually less annoying than if it would have gotten a 9.0 again and given me false hope of trying over and over. At least now i can just ditch it, take the hit and move on with trying to find the dang copy i should have had in the 1st place and let slip by :wishluck:

Yeah, thats annoying!

:o Did you already pancake the thing?

Yeah, thats annoying!

Oh yeah! like this... :makepoint:

Apparently, that just amplified a back cover fault that each time, they choose to hammer harder and harder from what they told me. I might try for a 8.0 next year! hm

lol

I've had books come back mislabeled twice. I just dropped them off at the next con I went to that CGC was at and they sent them back at no charge. (thumbs u

This has been my experience too, and I have a couple more mislabels to drop off with them in Austin in late October. :P

Yeah, thats annoying!

Apparently, that just amplified a back cover fault that each time, they choose to hammer harder and harder from what they told me. I might try for a 8.0 next year! hm

lol

Do you mean the book was pressed into a lower grade?

Yeah, thats annoying!

lol

Apparently that's what he's saying.

I heard they are not accepting reholders at shows anymore. For your case (a mistake) hopefully they would make an exception.

Mislabels are not reholders. A reholder is elective, while a mislabel is a quality control problem that we customers should not be out one cent to have fixed. I refuse to spend money to mail a book to CGC to fix their mistake, so they need to accept them at a show. What other business would make the customer pay additional money to fix a mistake on a service they already paid for?

And no, they don't do them onsite but will mail the corrected book back.

Apparently that's what he's saying.

I just had a 9.4 book get pressed and come back as a 9.2 then resubbed again without another press the next day only to come back as a 9.6. So apparently the pressing took a couple days to really settle in...

(Unfortunately it wasn't an Avengers 1, however.)