• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Re-slabbing of books

126 posts in this topic

My argument was simply that you are being naive...and quite frankly less informed than a freshman in an econ. course, if you really believe that CGC has no impact on the market for CGC slabbed books.

CGC themselves have no impact directly on slabbed books. It is us the consumer who willing to dish out the extra money for a definitive grade on the comic. In fact on most comics unless it is a 9.8 or above it doesn't effect the value at all from my experience. In fact sometimes a slabbed comic is worth less then an unslabbed one at the same grade. The only thing the CGC has done indirectly is given the comic book industry a tougher standard for grading and given the consumer and seller a safer way to buy comics because you can't argue with the grade. As far as a 9.0 going to a 9.4 it happens from slabbed comics I have received at that grade of 9.0 to 9.4 from my eye alot of the times I can't tell the difference.

You're either high on crack, or you have something to gain by denying it, if you slavishly believe that CGC has no impact on the comic collecting industry...directly.

Even CGC would admit this.

You truly are an Idiot. :facepalm: All CGC does is grade books,the market decides what the books are worth.

You, sir, are a deluded narrow minded insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

And, quite frankly, maybe the only comic collector left that refuses to admit that CGC has an impact on the comic buying market.

They have an impact to create buyer confidence,but they don't dictate the value or prices of books as you have stated.

Of course they have an impact on the friggin' value and price of a book. Geez, you are thick.

If CGC lowered their fees and hired more graders, thus lowering turnaround time--there would be more of their product (Slabbed books) on the market---and (again, without sounding too exasperated), the immutable law of supply vs. demand says....all together now......THE PRICES OF SLABBED BOOKS WOULD GO DOWN.

Hence, the way CGC does business has a direct impact on the market.

I will repeat, for those that want to make my comments more than they are, I am not alleging conspiracy. I am not alleging anything.

Just...stating the fact that the way they do business affects the market, and if their grades are as shaky as the OP and the first few replies to the OP say, then maybe I should think twice before spending so much money on their products.

phew. there.

You're a card. Please tell me you'll stick around. :roflmao:

:applause:

I don't get it.

And you never will. Of that I am sure.

lol. Are you going to deny that CGChas an impact on the market too.

Mebbe I wont stick around. This place seems to have a negative impact on ones brain cells.

There's really no need for you to stay. I don't think you can learn anything here, man.

I love it when new people come here with guns a blazing,thinking that they can teach us a thing or two.There's nothing that you can think of drakesfuture that we haven't discussed here,so please forgive me if I tire of your insane theories that are not based on any facts.

I don't get it.

Mebbe I wont stick around. This place seems to have a negative impact on ones brain cells.

There's really no need for you to stay. I don't think you can learn anything here, man.

After reading your first thread, he might learn how to grade by describing flaws?

(shrug)

:roflmao:

:hi:

I don't get it.

After reading your first thread, he might learn how to grade by describing flaws?

(shrug)

:roflmao:

:hi:

Suck it, Kenneth. (thumbs u

You guys are fantastic. Really.

My guns were really a-blazin.

LMFAO. Might want to re-read. I started out actually asking for enlightenment and got, well, jackassery.

But, on second thought, I'm just the punching bag.

I had heard the CGc boards had the habit of becoming mysteriously inhospitable at the drop of a hat.

Seems I'll have to stop disagreeing.

Please insert wiseass comment at your leisure. You have triumphed anonymously over another anonymous internet guy. Your mommies must be proud. Ask them. they're just up the stairs.

I actually took my own advice and went back and re-read.

Dice, you didn't resort to jackassery at first. In fact you attempted to answer my concerns legitimately.

You are exhonerated.

the rest of you pudgy jerks......well, still on the list.

You guys are fantastic. Really.

My guns were really a-blazin.

LMFAO. Might want to re-read. I started out actually asking for enlightenment and got, well, jackassery.

But, on second thought, I'm just the punching bag.

I had heard the CGc boards had the habit of becoming mysteriously inhospitable at the drop of a hat.

Seems I'll have to stop disagreeing.

Please insert wiseass comment at your leisure. You have triumphed anonymously over another anonymous internet guy. Your mommies must be proud. Ask them. they're just up the stairs.

We are actually quite nice,and try to be as helpful as possible.The boards are quite possibly the best place for comic information and knowledge,but when you come here spewing mis-information you should expect to be called out.

What misinformation did I spew?

People accused me of stuff....but please tell me, what misinformation.

And, i gotta call B.S. on this being a nice place. Step out of line just a tad and lotsa "vets" jump all over you.

That, to me, aint very nice...or tolerant, which is funny, cause usually comic folk are pretty danged tolerant.

And, i gotta call B.S. on this being a nice place. Step out of line just a tad and lotsa "vets" jump all over you.

That, to me, aint very nice...or tolerant, which is funny, cause usually comic folk are pretty danged tolerant.

doh! I'm done with you.

You feel that sting, big boy? That's pride with you.

doh! I'm done with you.

Well, that's a shame,

You seem like such a great guy.

doh! I'm done with you.

Well, that's a shame,

You seem like such a great guy.

He is a great guy, one of the best in fact, you just need to reign it in a little bit, chill out, settle back and learn.

The guys like Dice and Oakman have seen it all before and are full of great knowledge and advice and have had every argument from every angle. If you hadnt weighed in with insults and kept it real you would be getting along fine by now. Once you start with the BS these guys will just start playing with you and will learn nothing.

As far as " vets jumping all over you" we are all friends here ( even though it can get heated at times) relax and take it for what it is, the best place to see, talk, learn and have a laugh about comics.

Welcome (thumbs u

Do you really want me to go back and cut and paste every jab, negative phrase, name you've called members and stone thrown out of this thread?

This was your first post:

Regarding the grade, this stuff happens all the time. Regarding the page quality, I know I can look at a raw book in a different light or different time of day and change my opinion.

It may also depend on what they have been recently looking at in comparison. A small jump from CR/OW to Off White is probably not a big deal.

Welcome to the Boards !

Are you kidding me?

Am I the only one who thinks this is an absolutely ridiculous statement?

If the CGC service is changing grades based on what friggin' lamp a grader is sitting under or something like that, then they are essentially useless.

Bob is a well respected member. Your post was like walking into a community club where everyone knows each other and you just start pointing fingers and spewing your statements.

New members are almost always met with respect until someone starts throwing stones. Once the first stone is thrown, you're on your own after that.

You're posting in this thread like a honey badger on speed.

You need to pull back on the stick a little and stick to one point at a time - and do it respectfully. That is how a conversation is held.

I'm really now just hanging in long enough for one of you to become the "internet tough guy" and tell me how you can kick my in real life if I don't stop.

My money is on Dice. He likes to quote movie tough guys, so he is most likely to be an "internet tough guy" I would say.

I didn't realize I was walking into a tampon testing facility.

"Are you kidding me" gets people riled up.

wow.

Do you always walk up to a perfect stranger and say:

"Are you kidding me?

Am I the only one who thinks this is an absolutely ridiculous statement?"

What are you? A teenager?

Nobody with any respect talks like that to a perfect stranger.

Don't worry, I'm not a prude or very shy but I do know too much pizs and vinegar when I see it.

Anyhow, I gotta go.

Have fun!