• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bone #1 1st print

11 posts in this topic

Hey i don't have a pic handy at the moment (of the inside cover), but i have a quick question. The bone #1 i have is suuuuper nice. It's signed on the front cover so i know that will get it a green label, but the question is this: It also has a Bone sketch on the inside of the front cover. Will that affect the grade at all? There is no damage because of it, but curious if it would take a number hit because of it or if it would just get a mention on the label. Any info greatly appreciated.

I asked something similar about 3 weeks ago in the "Ask CGC" forum

Apparently it never got "approved."

My question was how does a signature on the inside of the book affect grade. I was specifically talking about Cerebus 1 since so many are signed due to the fact that there are counterfeits.

affects the grade some. not as much as the cover. i think most people have answered/seen this kind of question answered so many times they have question fatigue.

why would you want to get a book with a sketch inside slabbed anyway? just enjoy it as it is.

That's a bummer. This thing has a shot at 9.8 with a press. If it gets an 8.0 because of the sketch on the inside then that's a bit ridiculous IMO if it's structurally way better than that. The obvious answer to your question is that i plan to sell it. I've been a comic dealer for 20 years, so my enjoyment comes from selling the book to someone who collects Bone.

affects the grade some. not as much as the cover. i think most people have answered/seen this kind of question answered so many times they have question fatigue.

why would you want to get a book with a sketch inside slabbed anyway? just enjoy it as it is.

yeah, no doubt. I was thinking there might be a possibility that they would treat the sketch the same was as they do a sig and not count off for it.

Then sell it raw. I'm sure you'll get more for it than a normal raw copy for it to the right buyer. Maybe not the same amount as if it was a slabbed 9.8, but still.

A raw 9.8/9.6/9.4 with a sketch i think is better than a slabbed 8.0

i don't know if you can ask for a "qualified" label instead of taking a ding on the blue label... same deal though. i think it's not worth the $ to slab and any potential buyer will probably want to see the sketch anyway.