• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

does alien#1 cgc 9.8 ever come up for sale?

116 posts in this topic

DSC_6863_zps123914b0.jpg

These came back from cgc today, very happy with the outcome...another batch of 1's and 2's should be back in 4 weeks or so.

Very nice!

Aliens #5 is a very, VERY tough book to get in 9.8.

I sold some nice Aliens 9.8s a couple years ago, and I am positive I sold them wayyyy too cheap.

Thanks! I've carted these around for <25 years and was happy with my storage capabilities after multiple moves. Out of curiosity what did you sell them for?

DSC_6863_zps123914b0.jpg

These came back from cgc today, very happy with the outcome...another batch of 1's and 2's should be back in 4 weeks or so.

Awesome! Where did you find these?

Seems like very few of these hit 9.8 other than black covers what makes them so hard?

As previously mentioned the black cover is the hardest factor but there are others such as low quality paper and age of this book. I remember there not being much love for this book in the 80's and most collectors I knew missed the boat on #1. At that time people were hoarding #1 copies of anything that came out but not the subsequent issues which may be why the rest are so hard to find. I wonder if anyone knows the print #'s for this series?

DSC_6863_zps123914b0.jpg

Awesome! Where did you find these?

Hi OV! These came from my long boxes that have been tucked away in a cool, dry, dark place for a long time...

I have another bunch off to be graded so I should have 2 sets at some point with extras to sell off...let me know if you are interested...:)

Seems like very few of these hit 9.8 other than black covers what makes them so hard?

As previously mentioned the black cover is the hardest factor but there are others such as low quality paper and age of this book. I remember there not being much love for this book in the 80's and most collectors I knew missed the boat on #1. At that time people were hoarding #1 copies of anything that came out but not the subsequent issues which may be why the rest are so hard to find. I wonder if anyone knows the print #'s for this series?

My three Aliens 1 CGC 9.8's were all from the original distribution period, which were safely tucked away for years. But the best one went quite a long ways from the states to a huge Aliens collector. That book was incredible how sharp it was.

Wasn't sure if it was just the black cover or other features (terrible stock etc). Waits for RMA to chime in on the print run.

Is the story any good for the 6 issues? Aliens was on Space last night lol

I picked up a set of Aliens #1-6 (all 1st prints) for $15 at a show a couple of weeks ago. The books are 9.0+. Is that a decent price?

Yes.

Are any of them worth slabbing if they are only 9.4ish?

I picked up a set of Aliens #1-6 (all 1st prints) for $15 at a show a couple of weeks ago. The books are 9.0+. Is that a decent price?

Yes.

Are any of them worth slabbing if they are only 9.4ish?

I think #1 would be "slab-worthy" at 9.4.