• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

does alien#1 cgc 9.8 ever come up for sale?

116 posts in this topic

There is a 9.8 copy on ebay rite now for the low, low, low price of $475. :o:insane::o

Not as nuts as you may assume. I have sold three of the 9.8s that are out there (two slabbed 9.8s, and one raw that landed a 9.8 SS), and can confirm I was paid my 'high' price each time I asked it. Those that go searching for this book in 9.8 know how difficult it truly is.

There is a 9.8 copy on ebay rite now for the low, low, low price of $475. :o:insane::o

Not as nuts as you may assume. I have sold three of the 9.8s that are out there (two slabbed 9.8s, and one raw that landed a 9.8 SS), and can confirm I was paid my 'high' price each time I asked it. Those that go searching for this book in 9.8 know how difficult it truly is.

No disagreement from me on the price being paid for 9.8's. I just think it's nuts when a 9.6 can be had for less than $75. :ohnoez:

I'm pretty sure that's a boardie. Guessing you could buy it from him here and cut out the middle man.

Yep, its a Boardie. :whistle:

Speaking of, I sold my other 9.8 copy on the Boards a few months ago for not a whole lot less then the copy on ebay, and the new owner was thrilled to get it.

It's a tough book...I've probably owned 40-50 copies over the years, and only got 2 9.6s and 2 9.8s out of them.

$475 is high, but not a not_in_tune_with_social_norms crazy amount. It is a tough book for the era it was produced in where HG copies abound of so many other titles. The cover stock on those early Dark Horse books don't lend themselves to perfection. And you don't see them often at all.

I'm pretty sure that's a boardie. Guessing you could buy it from him here and cut out the middle man.

Yep, its a Boardie. :whistle:

Speaking of, I sold my other 9.8 copy on the Boards a few months ago for not a whole lot less then the copy on ebay, and the new owner was thrilled to get it.

It's a tough book...I've probably owned 40-50 copies over the years, and only got 2 9.6s and 2 9.8s out of them.

That would be me! I was happy to pay the price asked, having searched for one on my own with zero luck for quite some time. Considered the price a bargain in relation to not having to hunt anymore, and every time I look at it, I smile!

Now if only we could get that sale into GPA. They still reflect the value of a #1 9.8 at $25 based on a single sale back in 2007! It may or may not be worth $475, but it's definitely worth a damn sight better than 25 bucks!

Vol. 1 is definitely a run that I would love to own in 9.4 raw or 9.6 slabbed. Man, they are hard to come buy in high grade.

After I got my #1 9.8, I sold my 9.4, only got around $50 or $60 for it, I believe. (Which was ok, because I only paid around $40 for it myself). There have been a couple come up for sale, so they are definitely out there. I've got a raw copy that I'd peg around 9.6, as it looks better than my 9.4 did, but not as good as my 9.8, and am considering slabbing it at some point. hm

As for issues 2-6, I see them even less frequently than the high grade #1's. It's just a tough series, which is frustrating because it's only 6 books!

Now if only we could get that sale into GPA. They still reflect the value of a #1 9.8 at $25 based on a single sale back in 2007! It may or may not be worth $475, but it's definitely worth a damn sight better than 25 bucks!

There is a way to add a sale in GPA. You have to add the book to your collection, view the collection and there is an option to add a sale with a cert number. I don't think you can add a date though.

There is a way to add a sale in GPA. You have to add the book to your collection, view the collection and there is an option to add a sale with a cert number. I don't think you can add a date though.

GPA allows you to store personal sales in the manner you describe, but the books you add won't show up in the main GPA database (and, obviously, won't be visible to anyone else). The GPA data would get corrupted pretty fast if people were allowed to add unverified sales for any book they chose :lol:

DSC_6863_zps123914b0.jpg

These came back from cgc today, very happy with the outcome...another batch of 1's and 2's should be back in 4 weeks or so.

Very nice!

Aliens #5 is a very, VERY tough book to get in 9.8.

I sold some nice Aliens 9.8s a couple years ago, and I am positive I sold them wayyyy too cheap.

GPA allows you to store personal sales in the manner you describe, but the books you add won't show up in the main GPA database (and, obviously, won't be visible to anyone else). The GPA data would get corrupted pretty fast if people were allowed to add unverified sales for any book they chose :lol:

That makes sense...thanks!