• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This week's Ebay Halloween art

5 posts in this topic

This week I managed to get 2 pieces listed after a couple weeks without auctions.

First up is a post card sized painting titled "The Choir"

choir100.jpg

Secondly, while staying with a print making professor on my vacation last month, I made this woodcut called "Haunt" for obvious reasons...

haunt100.jpg

Both can be found here

thanks for looking!

Hi Pablo! Glad you like them!

First I carved the image in reverse into a block of birch wood with knives & gouges, then inked it up and ran it through a press. It was a nice 2 ton flat bed press I was able to use. I did bout 25 in total but most of them came out poorly because of inking variances and a troublesome warp in the surface of the wood. Out of those 25, 9 were good enough to call an edition, and the next best 4 were kept as Artist proofs.

I only had enough time to do one color, black, so the rest of the color is individually painted on by hand, so each is a bit different.