• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone ever seen this Batman comic?

47 posts in this topic

That's a pretty rare book the print run for it was 25, that's right only 25 were made.

The Platinum was given out to the 1st 25 winners of a contest that Hero Magazine had. The contest was in Hero Illustrated #1 on page #152.

I've only ever seen one other one available for sale and it sold a couple years ago on eBay for like $400. It was sold on a Buy it Now and it sold within minutes of it being listed too.

Your buyer got a heII of a good deal on a Rare Batman comic.

Do you have a source for this? I've heard someone say the same thing but it was for a Hardcase platinum comic...I'm trying to get some more info on it myself.

Regardless of its origin, it will fit in nicely with my other rare ashcans (Maxx, Moebius, and Flaming Carrot)

It's in the Heroes Illustrated #1 mag, the Hardcase Platinum is of a Heroes Mag not the Batman Grendel Comic. The contest for the Hardcase Heroes Platinum was available in the Heroes Illustrated #2 and there's only 1 or 10 of those Hardcase Heroes Platinum's made. The Batman Grendel Platinum's print run is 25 it's also referred to as or also known as the Batman Grendel Silver Moon Variant.

Interesting, thanks...looks like I need to add another HTF book to my list. ;)

wow. It's back for sale at $500 then.

(kidding) A deal is a deal and i'm glad it's going to someone who really wants it lol.

Thanks, it's good to know there's stand up sellers kicking around...at least you won't have to worry about me flipping it; unless someone has a #3 yellow maxx ashcan they want to trade for it!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-Grendel-Hero-Premiere-Ashcan-Platinum-Variant-1-/130751292484?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1e71626444

I just listed it and it sold in like 2 seconds. This usually leads me to believe that i under priced it lol. I'm happy with what i got and i even thought that was a little high, but i had never seen one before, and i couldn't find another example on the net anywhere. Anyone ever bought/sold one of these before? I'm curious what they normally go for. I've seen the gold ones a lot, but this is the 1st of these i had ever seen.

Hey, I was the one who bought it...I have no idea what it's worth either, if that's good, or bad...I have an infinity for ashcans, :)

And at $50 I figured I've blown it on worst comics. :P

Your desire just never ends, huh?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-Grendel-Hero-Premiere-Ashcan-Platinum-Variant-1-/130751292484?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1e71626444

I just listed it and it sold in like 2 seconds. This usually leads me to believe that i under priced it lol. I'm happy with what i got and i even thought that was a little high, but i had never seen one before, and i couldn't find another example on the net anywhere. Anyone ever bought/sold one of these before? I'm curious what they normally go for. I've seen the gold ones a lot, but this is the 1st of these i had ever seen.

Hey, I was the one who bought it...I have no idea what it's worth either, if that's good, or bad...I have an infinity for ashcans, :)

And at $50 I figured I've blown it on worst comics. :P

Your desire just never ends, huh?

Yessir...

Tough to say. I honestly can't remember. This one has a few tiny little spine dings, but is otherwise very nice. I didn't even notice them until the scan blew up the book bigger than it actually is. It looks 9.4 in hand. The scan definitely picked up the dust from the sleeve it's in. I can't believe I found another one.

It's just one of those things where it certainly stung to realize how cheaply I had sold it, but I would have felt scummy by not sending it. I know how disappointed I would be if someone backed out on me in a similar situation (and it has happened a few times). Karma kicked another one my way though, so it's all good.

Not to be mean, but I can't help but laugh at this thread. That really sucks for the seller but what character you have. Way to go on honoring the deal.

hm I'm thinking $500 would get it done, but I want to hang it on the wall for at least one week before I let it go. I'll probably end up consigning it with MCS so I will be less tempted to keep it. There's something about having the rarest Batman book ever that's got me thinking a lot about holding onto it. I should start a Batman/Grendel silver moon variant club thread and see who has the other ones besides Spreads and myself.

How much for the new find?

The Red Moon ashcan is the regular version.

The Gold Moon ashcan was the "Special Edition."

The Platinum or Silver Moon ashcan was awarded to 25 winners of a Hero Illustrated Magazine contest.

I don't know if this means only 25 copies were printed, but supposedly they were only awarded to those 25 winners.