• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Russ Cochran Comic Art Auctions - a 30 years Retrospective
2 2

1,169 posts in this topic

Hey, Terry, posting all this wonderful art with prices so low with an Avatar like yours, it looks like you want to send a message... ;)

Keep them coming!

It's amazing to check out how many jewels reached the market, and only a few of them are posted in CAF, showing that in spite the thousand of pieces posted in CAF, they are only a very small fraction of all the existing art.

Wood's work for the Spirit strip is a truly masterwork in my eyes, it's the genius at the top of the game. I wish we could enjoy an Artist's Edition of these stories, they are real gems. Ok, I know, I'm insatiable, IDW already released a book focused in Wood, but seeing this piece makes me hungry for more... And while I'm at it, how about a book on Sky Masters? Oh, yeah, I know, art is scattered and it's impossible to gather scans of all the art, but, hey, dreaming is free!

1f-1.jpg

Hey, Terry, posting all this wonderful art with prices so low with an Avatar like yours, it looks like you want to send a message... ;)

Keep them coming!

It's amazing to check out how many jewels reached the market, and only a few of them are posted in CAF, showing that in spite the thousand of pieces posted in CAF, they are only a very small fraction of all the existing art.

Wood's work for the Spirit strip is a truly masterwork in my eyes, it's the genius at the top of the game. I wish we could enjoy an Artist's Edition of these stories, they are real gems. Ok, I know, I'm insatiable, IDW already released a book focused in Wood, but seeing this piece makes me hungry for more... And while I'm at it, how about a book on Sky Masters? Oh, yeah, I know, art is scattered and it's impossible to gather scans of all the art, but, hey, dreaming is free!

Hi Ferran

The avatar's nothing to do with the Cochran auctions! There is a background story to it, but best to keep quiet. ;)

Hopefully, I'll get back to scanning more catalogs during the course of this week. Over the weekend I got side-tracked with some Richard Rae nonsense that blew-up (see my last entry on the 'Vince Greck' thread).

Woody's Spirit strips are certainly on a par with his prime EC work (maybe even better). Far as I remember all of the OA exists - though probaly dispersed amongst collectors.

Yes, I saw a few of them posted in CAF. In fact, Scott Dunbier owns three of them, but I'm aware about how difficult is to gather scans of a split book, it's almost an impossible task and very time consuming.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=17117

About the Raegate, I try to get as far as possible from nonsense, because I already have enough of it in my real life...

Waiting eagerly for more updates on catalogs!