• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Russ Cochran Comic Art Auctions - a 30 years Retrospective
2 2

1,169 posts in this topic

Terry, I voted you CGC board member of the year, cong on a super great post, check it out on Gold comics section in Journey of a comic book collector 2012..thanks for a super post

Hey, thanks, that's very kind of you! :)

I'll get back to scanning more Art Catlogs soon.

Been having a bit of a break as I burned myself out with all the scanning . . .

auction1c-11.jpg

I came away with two items from this auction. First was item 9, "Bullets!", a 6-page EC story by John Severin.

Of particular interest to me was the fact that a British Army regiment I served in, the Irish Guards, featured in this story. The action takes place in Afghanistan (over a century ago) and, funnily enough, my old regiment has served there in recent years.

I later traded-away the story (possibly to Mike Burkey).

Sorry this is what I was referring to - # 16 on this scan.

Slight detour (while I'm getting back in the frame of mind to scan more Russ Cochran Art Auction Catalogs) . . . I received a 92-page Catalog, air-mailed to me by Robert Rogovin, back in 2000, listing (mostly) comics and some original artworks for sale.

The biggie to me, a Steve Ditko Captain Atom cover, is something I now own (thanks to a trade deal with Ken Danker several years later). At the time, the (then) $11,000 price-tag was just too high to contemplate . . .

For your perusal, the original artwork pages from Rogovin's Catalog . . .

colour1.jpg