• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does Future Collectability affect what you buy?

25 posts in this topic

I buy what I like (pre-code horror). Future value DOES have a factor, mainly in determining what to really look for next. Right now it is the books like Cap 75, Eerie 1 (1947), Mister Mystery 13 etc that I am really doing extensive searches on because now is the cheapest I will be able to get them. So this coming year I anticiapte all of my real wants will be fulfilled and then I can settle back and more easily gather the books in the 50-200 dollar range.

There's a nice Mister Mystery #13 on Ebay right now.

Yes. I am keeping my eye on it but not gonna go nuts. Wondercon is in April and hope to do some scoring there. If I DO get that MM 13 it is gonna come right out of the holder and under my reading lamp! smile.gif

" Is he the only one that you know of? "

Well, he's the only guy I know that can supply new books on that level. But as far as hoarding, many of his customers, as well as people I've observed at local shows tend to do it. Bottom line is that there's no shortage.

And I do respect the fact that you post on these boards to learn, not to argue. I think even the most knowledgable among us can learn something.