• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have you watched any of the old Batman serials from the 40's ?

23 posts in this topic

My favorite serial of all-time is "The Black Widow". But, I'm in love with the young Virginia Lindley. lol

I really enjoyed "The Masked Marvel" and "Haunted Harbor", along with "Federal Operator 99", "Federal Agents Vs. The Underworld", "Manhunt on Mystery Island", "Manhunt in the African Jungle", "Government Agents Vs. The Underworld", "The Purple Monster Strikes" and "Captain America".

The cheaper looking ones that are still watchable are "Mysterious Doctor Satan", "Daredevils of the Red Circle", "Daughter of Don Q", and "Jesse James Rides Again".

I got addicted to these when Republic put these out in the mid to late 90's. Never could get into the Superhero ones past Cap. Tried the Batmans, but he looked too well fed. The Green Archer (Green Arrow) was just awful. Liked Captain Marvel watching it, but it just had some nasty plot holes when thinking about it after. hm

Nice list,a lot of those i dont know about.

Batman looked too well fed lol

Maybe in Marvel they should've used the plot holes AS cliffhangers.

"Will Captain Marvel be able to outrun the plane since hes just a guy and well..this is A PLANE !! "

"Find out next week." :grin: